**Brenda** Female

Default i was always against plastic surgery if it wasn't needed

but in the case of mastectomies i change my mind. it is a horrible thing to have cancer. a lot of women go thru this and can be cured but when they have to have mastectomies single or double, their lives are great because they are cured but the loss of female portions of their body can really make them depressed. they feel like they aren't whole anymore. my girlfriend from my work just died from this devastating disease. she was cancer free for 8 years but they couldn't reconstruct her breast because she had an invasive cancer that layers itself into the muscle and skin, that she had to have so much tissue removed it was almost to her chestbone. she never felt like a whole woman again. i wish in the 8 years we were blessed with her company she could have had the reconstruction done. she was a fighter but she was also depressed. she never complained but we knew. so i am all for breast reconstruction in the matter of mastectomies.

Plastic surgery is a personal choice. A lot of people have it after car accidents, mastectomies, and other accidents. I wouldn't judge anyone for having a procedure done. If it makes them happy then go for it for whatever reasons you have. We only go around this world once and we should make the best of our lives and be as happy as we can.

**Nikki** Female

I wouldn't judge anyone for what they wanted to have done but many people have small procedures to make them look better then over the years look far worse from too much surgery.
    Anything that is for a medical condition rather than cosmetic does get my blessing. Here in the UK plastic surgery can only be carried out on the NHS if it is for medical reasons. Anything cosmetic has to be done privately.

**Brenda** Female

same here in the USA. i didn't mean to judge people that get plastic surgery for their looks. i apologize to all. i just meant for me in particular. i wouldn't have plastic surgery done unless it was medical. first it is too expensive, second insurance doesn't cover it and third i am a person who believes people have to like me for who i am and what i look like. i am not going to change. too old!!! (i am very lovable even if i look my age!!)

**Nikki** Female

Ven, I am sorry if you thought my comment meant you were judging people. I am sorry I did not mean to imply that. I was just giving my opinion and I see now I could have worded it better. What I like about meeting people over the net is you can get to know them for who they are without making judgement on their appearance.
    Last edited by pepsimax; 06-16-2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Correction

Agreed. I have heard of enough stories about plastic surgery that ended up worse than expected. I would never resort to that!

Yes i also against the plastic surgery if it is not necessary.

**Kelly Mirian** Female

516 Rockland Avenue NY 10543 Mamaroneck, NY 10543, United States

Default i was always against plastic surgery if it wasn't needed

Yes i completely agree with you.I am also against with unnecessary plastic surgery.

Im against plastic surgery too, but If having it can make you a better person why not. Always remember that life is so short and it would be better to choose to be happy.
    Chinee

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful