Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Scent

Default Favorite Scent

I would like to know what favorite scent of skin care products you prefer especially for body butters and lotions. Your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

**Brenda** Female

that is easy vanilla+light lavender, vanilla or chocolate scents, and i love light spicy like opium perfume. i love the scent of cinnamon,apple,orange, and cloves, expecially around christmas

Thanks Brenda, all those scents are lovely.

I always avoid anything floral! I can't stand the smell of rose-scented lotions. I love anything that smells like cocoa butter, so I guess a chocolate scent. I also love citrus smells, they make me feel energized!

Thanks socce2001. Chocolate is a popular scent too. Did you know chocolate is also a wonderful product to use for a face mask?

Everyone love citrus, good for waking us up and keeping us going throughout the day.

Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated.

I'm delighted to see the love for Opium! It's my holy grail of perfumes, though it's too special to use daily.
    In skincare I prefer unscented or very low-key smelling because I mostly use perfume. Cocoa butter or a slight hint of citrus, cedar or vanilla is as far as I go. Depending on the ingredients (and smells) of any of my DIY recipes, sometimes I add nothing at all.

**Brenda** Female

yes opium perfum is the only one i use and i do use it very sparingly. i ran out and can't afford to buy more right now. opium lasts forever on me. but like i said you have to use very little. i used to buy the ones that you can just dab on. the spray is way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    yes opium perfum is the only one i use and i do use it very sparingly. i ran out and can't afford to buy more right now. opium lasts forever on me. but like i said you have to use very little. i used to buy the ones that you can just dab on. the spray is way too much.
    Sounds like you mean the pure perfume? That's wonderful. If you're looking to replace it, I'd recommend getting one that's a few years old. They've recently changed the formula. Many online shops still have the original composition.

You must be quite glamorous to use it regularly. I'm a bit envious, to me it's strictly an occasion perfume. I couldn't get away with it in daily life.

**Brenda** Female

no, i am far from glamorous!!!! i used to wear it to work!! everyone always said i smelled good if they got close or i walked by them. i am a country girl trying to survive. i haven't had the opium perfume for quite a while. when did they change the formula? just as well i can't afford it now anyway. next time i get to a department store i will see what it smells like now. thanks for the info. why do they always change things that work???????

You're so right! Why mess with perfection?! I think it happened in the last 2 years, whenever they introduced the new bottle design.
    But properly stored perfume, especially when it's sealed, can last decades. You'll have no problem finding the original version, at least online.
    I've sniffed a bottle without testing it on the skin. It's fine, but people say it's weaker than it used to be.
    I definitely need a vintage pure perfume soon as a back-up.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast