Default Noodles for Pregnant? Is it healthy?

I wanna know if its healthy for pregnant to eat noodles? I normally eat noodles more often than not but still wonder if its healthy and doesn't affect the baby. Perhaps some of you know something about it?
    Chinee

**Brenda** Female

if you are taking prenatal vitamins and eating some veggies with your noodles you are okay. try to eat a well balanced diet. eat some green veggies. fish is good. so is chicken. just make sure to take your prenatal vitamins. they have the folic acid in them to help the baby develop healthy. noodles are fine.

If you are talking about instant noodles, they are, generally speaking, safe to eat instant noodles as long as it is in moderation.

Instant noodles are a kind of "fast" food. They are very convenient and easy to prepare -- all you need is hot water! They may help calm a queasy stomach, taste quite good and, are very affordable, too. However, a serving of instant noodles is not a balanced meal. All it contains are starch, loads of salt, and monosodium glutamate (MSG). In some cases, it may be fortified with vitamin A. But, instant noodles should not be a meal in itself because it lacks protein, vitamins, minerals, vegetables, and fiber. It is also very, very salty and can possibly lead to hypertension if you eat this day after day.

Nope. It can cause UTI or infection.

**Brenda** Female

emibennett, how can eating noodles cause a uti infection? i have never heard this before. can you elaborate?

I don't think eating noodles during pregnancy is a good idea. This because noodles are made of white flour which is harmful for the body. These comprise of salt and fatty ingredients. You can however consume wheat noodles which is better than the flour ones. Why don't you have rice noodles? I think they are great. You can also eat soupy noodles with lots of green vegetables and egg white. Great to taste and well-balanced. You can also boil noodles and just stir fry with vegetables, which is another excellent option.

I don't think eating instant noodles (even when it comes with green leafy vegetables) will do mothers any good. Why eat noodles when you can buy rice and give the baby inside your tummy the most scrumptious and tasty peking duck?!

Quote Originally Posted by ruvini View Post
    If you are talking about instant noodles, they are, generally speaking, safe to eat instant noodles as long as it is in moderation.

Instant noodles are a kind of "fast" food. They are very convenient and easy to prepare -- all you need is hot water! They may help calm a queasy stomach, taste quite good and, are very affordable, too. However, a serving of instant noodles is not a balanced meal. All it contains are starch, loads of salt, and monosodium glutamate (MSG). In some cases, it may be fortified with vitamin A. But, instant noodles should not be a meal in itself because it lacks protein, vitamins, minerals, vegetables, and fiber. It is also very, very salty and can possibly lead to hypertension if you eat this day after day.
    I agree. Instant noodles are better avoided.

I think having it oftenly could cause problems you just need to have it in limit.

no, noodles are not best but if you eat rare then it is good otherwise they are harmful for baby coz they are too much spicy, salty and totally fast food in not good for health.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful