Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Skin Brighteners: Tumeric and Honey Recipe

Now, more than ever, people are becoming aesthetic conscious. Both men and women want to look good but having dark pigmentation patches or skin blemishes can make you feel self-conscious. An even skin tone is one of the most powerful fashion statements one can have. You can spend money on skin lightening products that can be expensive but many people prefer to go down the natural skin lightening route. There are many natural products that can be used to remove a tan, fade dark marks and generally lighten the skin tone.

In this article, you’ll discover how to use inexpensive honey and turmeric powder that you can purchase from your local grocery store to make a face mask that can lighten your skin tone and fade dark blemishes.

Honey and Turmeric Facial Mask

All you need is a bottle of honey (raw organic honey is best) and a bottle of turmeric from your local grocery store’s spice aisle. Use a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of the honey and mix them together in a small bowl or cup. After washing your face with your usual face wash, dry with a clean towel then apply the turmeric face mask. Turmeric stains fabrics so it is best to do this in the bathroom wearing an old t-shirt and be careful not to drop any of the paste on the carpet!

Rub the face mask on your face using gentle circular motions, wash your hands and leave the mask on your face for about 20 minutes. The honey will most likely drip down your face so keep some tissue with you to catch any drips.

After the 20 minutes is up, wash the mask off your face with warm water, do one more wash with your usual face wash and then do a final rinse with cold water to close your pores.

Honey has anti-bacterial properties and turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties so together they will work to draw impurities from your skin and reduce blemishes. Your skin will feel smoother and softer immediately. Use this face mask twice a week and you will start to see that your dark marks are fading after just 3-4 weeks.

Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.

**Brenda** Female

i take a turmeric capsule once every other day but i never thought to use it as a face mask. i just had some suspicious spots removed from my face but as soon as they are healed i will try this.

**** Male

Turmeric is really helpful to get the skin better by removing the black spots.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    i take a turmeric capsule once every other day but i never thought to use it as a face mask. i just had some suspicious spots removed from my face but as soon as they are healed i will try this.
    Hey Brenda:
    It not only naturally whiten those spots but will give you smoother skin.

**Brenda** Female

i trully need this. my skin is soft but it has some dermal melasma on the left side of my face from driving. i forgot sunblock for about 3 days and this is what happens. thanks all of you for your answers and comments and advice.

Turmeric is a theraupetic herb which cures most of the ailments of skin and body. It is a perfect ingredient which treats skin ordeals and leave your skin blemish free. The skin beems with radiance however, the best way to use the herb is to purchase pieces of raw turmeric from a grocery store and make a paste after washing and cutting. Remember to wear a pair of gloves as turmeric stains. Apply a mix of lemon juice and raw milk with turmeric and honey for best results. For those suffering from problems like acne and pimples, applying a face mask made from turmeric, neem paste, honey and lime juice. Always use lukewarm water to remove facial masks and obtain a soft and smooth skin.

Here is another one for brightening skin:

A fruit peel can be made with one cup of fresh pineapple, a half cup of papaya and two tablespoons of honey. Once the ingredients are placed in a blender and pureed, apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for two to five minutes before rinsing with cool water. Leave it on sensitive skin for about two minutes.

Absolutely pineapple and papaya awesome ingredients for facials. Try fresh pureed pumpkin too.

Nice easy recipe Edanur, thank you.

Turmeric is one of the best natural remedy for skin care. It is really good to get the glowing and clear skin.

**** Female

Turmeric is very useful for our skin.
    Thanks for sharing a wonderful post.
    It's really great.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast