Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Fight the fungus!

Nail fungus is not too hard to catch. You’re probably familiar with the symptoms: a thickened, yellow nail that eventually lifts away from the nail bed. But it turns out that fungal infections do not always look like you’d expect. Do not overlook trouble that might be lurking, literally underfoot.

Check for any of the following signs:

- Red, puffy inflammation around the nail.
    - White, chalky appearance on the nail surface.
    - Black discoloration under the nail.
    - Pink, flaky, or scaly skin on the soles of the feet or between the toes.

Take these precautions to keep toenail infections at bay:

- Avoid trauma that can allow germ to get into or under the nail, resulting in fungus growth. Keep nails reasonably short.
    - Make sure your shoes have plenty of toe room.
    - When your toenails are dry and brittle, moisturize as you would for dry skin.
    - If nail abnormalities persists, see a dermatologist. Some people simply more likely to develop a fungal infection.

I am glad I do not have a nail problem. This is very useful for those who have nail problems. I also suggest to dry your feet before wearing socks to avoid accumulating fungi in your feet. As we all know, fungi like to be on a moist environment. Always remember, prevention is better that cure.

**Ryan** Male

I have learned a lot of insights from you both. Your information will certainly of big help to those with fungi problem. So, what is the cure for it?

i agree what is the cure? i mean the prevention is great and informative but what about after you have this?

Default Fight the fungus

Effective home remedies:
    • Tea tree oil is effective in treating toe nail fungus. Dip a cotton ball in the oil and rub the toe nail two times a day - once in the morning and the second time while going to bed at night.
    • Listerine mouthwash is helpful in treating toe nail fungus. Soak your toes in the mouthwash for about 20 minutes. Its medicinal properties would help control the fungal growth.

It is good and useful information. Yes. One has to pay a lot of attention to the size of the pair of shoes one uses. In fact on one occasion I did not get the right size and therefore I had to use a smaller one and I had to undergo some sort of paid for about 15 days in my toes.

**Uttoran Sen** Male

i had this but then i did not checked the internet for solution, i just went to a homeopathy doctor and his medicine cured it up, took a few weeks though...

i had it once so I had to consult a dermatologist back in high school, LOL! I swear that would never hap;pen to me again!!

Thanks for the tips i often have nails problem,it been very helpful.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Try Tea Tree Oil for toenail fungus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast