Default Itchy bumps on finger?

Hi there,

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

About two weeks ago, the side of my pinky was very itchy and sore. It seemed to pass, then a few days later, I had the same issue with my ring finger. The ring finger issue seemed obvious though - there was a small cut on my finger, and as I had just started work at a flower shop, I figured I had gotten pollen in it. It's almost all cleared up and fine now, but my pinky is still confusing me. The itchy and swelling came back and hasn't left again.

At first I couldn't tell where the itch/pain/burning was exactly on my pinky. Now I can see that there are at least two small red spots that seem like semi-raised blisters. The pad of the pinky seems a bit swollen, and the side of my pinky (right above my knuckle, not right near my nail) is swollen and red. The skin around the bumps seems quite tight, and yesterday it was painful to bend my finger at the knuckle (although it's not as bad now, and the itchiness comes and goes.) Also, over the past couple days it will look like my skin may be flaking (but I'm not sure if it's from my rubbing it when I am not thinking.)

I tried using a hydrocortizone cream, and it helped for a bit but doesn't last that long.

I don't think it's an infection because there are no red streaks, and I don't think there is any pus or fluid in any of the bumps (they're barely raised - they almost look like an almost healed burn). Also, I haven't had a fever or anything like that (other than being sick with allergies). They almost act more like bites, but I don't see any actual bite??

Also, if this is related, for the past month or so I have had itchy, dry skin under my left eye. I assumed that was just allergies...

Just trying to figure out the best way to treat this, esp. without heading to a doctor, as that's not too practical for me right now. If it is an infection, would I have to go to one?

Thanks!

**Brenda** Female

it could be an allergic reaction to one of the flowers in the shop. are you taking antihistimines? if you aren't i would suggest you try. can you wear gloves? is it like a spider bite. i hope you feel better.

I am also having a very similar problem. I've had my index finger swell up during the winter time for about a year now and it goes down during the warmer months. Recently my pinky finger swelled up on the palm side of it in the middle and got really red and itchy. I showed it to the doctors and they didn't know what it was but they prescribed me a medicine called Clobetasol Propionate ointment which did end the itching, swelling, and most of the redness. It still has a slightly darker color in that area now. I also had the same thing with what seemed like a cut on my ring finger but then became itchy and when gets bumped it hurts way more than it should.

Now the pinky finger has started to swell from the side of it, near the joint where it bends. Its also itchy again and red. I don't know what to do. I have an appointment with a dermatologist, but I can't get in until May. Also my brother has raynauds where your hands go red and hurt when it is cold out. I don't know if this is related at all.

**Brenda** Female

you should go to a doctor to see if it is anything internal causing this. if it isn't anything internal thyroid, arthritis, etc etc, then i would go see a dermatologist.

Okay thanks, I think I will go to a different doctor before I go to a dermatologist because it does seem more internal.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful