Default Should Women Be Afraid

As a woman, I am aware of menopause. I saw a tv series many months ago discussing about menopause. The woman in the series is so afraid to be on the menopausal stage. I was wondering if women should be afraid of that time to come. Any ideas on this?

Why should you be afraid of it? It's a natural stage that every woman would face and we have to accept it and welcome it gracefully when the time comes.

You can always take vitamins to ensure that you don't suffer as much during menopause. My mom is taking some right now. and though it's a bit late as she's already been having hot flashes for a few years, she claims that it helps. Also, with your period gone, it's not that hard to endure this stage in life. I guess it's really a give and take. But it's a little weird that women should always suffer throughout their life. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by mimico View Post
    You can always take vitamins to ensure that you don't suffer as much during menopause. My mom is taking some right now. and though it's a bit late as she's already been having hot flashes for a few years, she claims that it helps. Also, with your period gone, it's not that hard to endure this stage in life. I guess it's really a give and take. But it's a little weird that women should always suffer throughout their life. I wonder why.
    Exactly! Men only suffer when they need to get circumsized but that's it! We have our period every month and we're the ones who are at the bring of death by giving birth. When finally we're free of menstruation, we'd get hot flashes and a terrible temper. Life is so unfair! LOL

i don't think we should be afraid at all. its normal for christ's sake! and plus, wouldn't it be great to not have your period anymore? (without being pregnant)

The biggest concern I have about menopause is the increased risk of osteoporosis. I have been told by my orthopaedic surgeon that I am already a high risk candidate due to my stature and also my other DJD problems and scoliosis of the spine. He wants me to take the meds but I have read up on them and some of the side effects like necrosis of the jaw are a bit scary to think about. I am just supplementing calcium and vitamins now.

Thanks for sharing your ideas guys. I should tell my aunts and the mother of my friends not to be worried at all. Mimico, what kinds of vitamins will you recommend?

I should raise this question: How does menopause affects the intimate relationship of a husband and a wife?
    Last edited by skincare; 07-13-2008 at 02:13 PM.

^ my grandmother who hasn't reached menopause yet is already trying to cut down her risk of osteoporosis. she takes OsCal daily which is a calcium & vitamin D supplement.

I have been taking a calcium supplement but have read differing opinions on which type is absorbed best and utilized by the body. I have also read studies done that after the age of 40 our bodies do not absorb and utilize calcium as they have done in the past and that is the reason that more help is recommended to prevent osteoporosis.
    I am still not convinced to go to my physician and get the meds for it. I guess I will continue to take the calcium and try to find the best one for me

I agree with mimico...you can always take vitamins because you want to pamper your self in order to stay as healthy as you can be.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful