Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    Coconut oil is an awesome oil and I use it frequently in my products. The article reminds me of the 60s when people used coconut to tan and we all know now that it may tan us but the side effects are just not worth it.

The article is irresponsible to even state to suntan for 20 to 30 min without any sun protection as I am sure you will agree.

I just want people who visit us to know that tanning in itself is dangerous and causes skin problems as well. If they do choose to tan, they are well informed and to use a broad spectrum sun screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    i agree with sandy. i am paying now for what i did to my skin when i was young. i thought i was using enough suntan lotion but back then it didn't have all the sunblocks that we have today. i tan easily. now i have to go to a dermatologist to have my body checked for pre skin cancer. i rarely got burned but i still have the damage. please be aware of what the sun can do to your skin.
    I agree with you. Some people like to be tan, and it is like anything else, you have to use it reasonably.

We are living in Nevada and the weather is pretty harsh with no humidity so you feel the heat and it is dangerous. In Hawaii you don't feel the heat because there is a lot of humidity and it is more dangerous.

If you are interested, I can provide you the link of our sun protection article in IM.

Victoria's Secret has a line of self tanner called Bare Bronze. I used to use it on my face and found that it gave me a really natural looking tan. I used the face and body lotion. It has a light smell that I don't really care for, but you should give it a try. sometimes, they would be on sale, like 3 for $24 or something.

Coconut Oil as a Skin Moisturizer and Sun Protection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeSaD10zeM

I hope you are not endorsing this man's opinion. It is irresponsible and most informed people would just simple ignore him like I hope the people on our site will.

**Brenda** Female

now back to misscurious's question. there are several ways to get a sunless tan. one option is to go to a salon, or spa. then there are the do it yourself tans like clarins instant gel , jergans natural glow, tan towels self tanning towellettes, loreal sublime glow, and banana boat sunless self tanning. sorry it took me months to answer. i just looked up on line and these were some of the best ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Coconut Oil as a Skin Moisturizer and Sun Protection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeSaD10zeM
    Yep if you wanna age yourself from UV rays...listen to this guy.

**Nikki** Female

Coconut oil only offers about SPF4 which we all know is not enough protection.
    As for sunless tanning. I like Banana Boat and Avon's airbrush spray. The thing I like most about the spray is that its so fine there isn't really any need to rub it in. Plus the bottle can be used at all angles so easier to use.

Default Re : tanning lotion...

Without looking orange mate? I suggest you to look for products that doesn't give you greasy feeling when putting it on!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12