Default Aromatherapy Essential Oils for Relaxation

Relaxation is the most desired benefit of aromatherapy. People crave respite from the stresses that fill our daily lives. Aromatherapy is a way to reward ourselves simply and effectively with fragrant, natural substances that nourish mind, body and spirit.

Essential oils that help us achieve a state of relaxation include: chamomile, benzoin, bergamot, cedarwood, clary sage, frankincense, geranium, jasmine, lavender, neroli, patchouli, rose, sandalwood and ylang ylang.

- Add 3 to 5 drops of 1 or 2 of these essential oils oil to your bath to infuse a soothing message.

- Promote relaxation and sleep by placing 2 to 4 drops of essential oils on your pillow.

- Choose chamomile for its calming and soothing effects.

- Clary sage has a powerful relaxing effect that is enhanced with melissa essential oil.

- Neroli is excellent for treating spontaneous episodes of anxiety and panic.

- Lavender and marjoram enhance eachother and have a calming and sedative effect.

- Add lavender to neroli and clary sage to petitgrain to promote their respective sedative effects.

- Marjoram is wonderfully calming to the nervous system.

- Use petitgrain oil in a bath to benefit from its relaxing effect.

Warnings:

1. Avoid clary sage in pregnancy and do not use alcohol.
    2. Avoid marjoram if you are pregnant.
    3. Use marjoram in low 1% dilutions.
    4. Avoid the sun and use of sunlamps for at least 6 hours after using orange, neroli, petitgrain oils due to an increased sensitivity to the sun.
    5. Do not apply essential oils directly to the skin
    6. Consult your physician and an aromatherapist prior to using essential oils if you are pregnant.

Your post is very interesting. Could you please post some forumulas for panic, relaxing, etc.? I have a few of that I have taken off of the internet that have been very helpful and I am sure that the others on this board would benefit from what you have. Please share.

**Brenda** Female

this post has been here for quite a while but i am interested in it also. if anyone has any recipes for stress, sleep, anxiousness, it would be welcomed to hear them.

I will post some remedies with essential oils soon. I have done a lot of research and training since October and have come up with some awesome potions.

To reduce stress try mixing these below oils together and pour into your bath, then relax for about 20 minutes

5 drops Allspice
    4 drops Rosemary (I love rosemary)
    2 drops Fennel
    2 drops Cypress
    2 Drops mandarin
    1 teaspoon of any carrier oil (such as grapeseed, olive oil, sunflower oil, etc.)

Another great one for the bath is

3 drops lavender
    3 drops chamomile
    3 drops melissa
    3 drops cedarwood
    3 drops mandarin
    1 teaspoon of any carrier oil

mix well then pour into your bath and shut your eyes and relax for about 20 minutes.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful