Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Brenda** Female

Default what are your favorite do it yourself recipes.

i don't really have time to make my own stuff right now but i love checking out the recipes you put here. i am getting to the point i might have some free time so let me know what your favorites are.!

My favorite recipe is making my own cucumber with milk thing. I normally do it before going to sleep. First I scrub my face with ice then wash my face with nivea facial wash then rinse, after such I use cotton to my face to put the cucumber with milk. Then I let it dry through aircon or fan. I do all of these to make my skin soft and vibrant.

a mixture of honey and few drops on lemon juice can be applied for about 5 to 6 min at bed time. wash your face with lukewarm water properly and then use a moisturizer or a night cream (for night applications).

this adds glow to your complexion and makes your skin look more radiant. lemon juice helps avoid acne too.

@marilynnsrett
    i agree that lemon juice also helps prevent acne...are there other recipes that you know, perfect for acne solution? thanks!

I don't have one specific recipe that I like as they all go hand in hand with each other.

I make all of my own skin care from cleanser to moisturizer, all of my serums, etc. All of my potions are organic and for the most part you could actually eat them.

I believe that what you put on your body goes into to your body and is absorbed so staying away from harmful chemicals is a must.

If I had to choise my fav though it would be my shower scrubs. I make many different flavours. I have posted a coffee one which is absolutely awesome. Very easy and economical to make and leaves your skin so soft it is incredible. I also make shower scrubs in floral scents, fruit scents and even chocolate for my friends that just love chocolate but don't want to each it, so they shower with it

Making your own products is fun, but time consuming and a lot of people just don't have the time. The scrubs are something that take very little time and are very enjoyable. These are a good product to start with.

I agree that honey works as a good anti aging product.put honey with small amount of water all over your face and leave it for 15-20 mins..honey is natural and works even better for acne and its anti aging which means that your skin slows down aging, you wont get wrinkles soon.

I totally believe in the incredible goodness of honey. It's anti-bacterial potential has enough power to combat major skin ordeals. Simply sqeeze some lemon juice and add 10-12 drops of honey. Massage this mixture gently on the facial surface. Allow the goodness of these natural products to penetrate the skin layers and reaches the fibroblast layer deep within.

It soothes and cleanses the skin thoroughly. Honey is an incredible anti-aging ingredient.

**** Female

This is my all time and forever favorite:

Getting an oatmeal bath ready

It is very easy to get an oatmeal bath ready. There are some easy steps that you can follow. First of all you need to powder the oats in a grinder or a food processor. The reason is to ensure that it absorbs water easily. There is no special kind of oatmeal that is required and it could be the slow cooking variety or the quicker Quaker. Only remember not to use the flavoured variety. After you powder the oats, you need to dissolve it in water to make a paste that turns out milky white in colour.

In fact you can powder the cereal and store it in a container that is air tight for future use. In order to get your bath ready add 2 cups of this powder to the bathtub of warm or cool water. Ensure that no lumps are formed. After that you need to get soaked in the milky white solution for at least 15 minutes. After soaking in for a while, pat dry your body. Avoid rubbing the towel as this could aggravate the irritation. You may feel a bit sticky but you will be amazed at the wonders it does to your skin if you repeat this often.

**Brenda** Female

dale, haven't see you around in a while. welcome back.

My favorite recipe on pimpled face is mixture of curd and Carom seeds (Bishop's weed).

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast