Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Caring for Dry Skin

Hi guys. I have a dry skin and I want to treat it. I do cleanse my face twice a day, I also apply moisturizer. What else do you think I should do?

I cleanse twice a day and use moisturizer on a daily basis. I also use a heavier night creme which I make myself with emu oil, shea butter and a lot of other good ingredients before I go to bed. It really has helped with dryness and blotchy skin for me.

Thank you for leading me to that thread, admin.

For dry skin you should wash your face with creamy cleanser and warm water. Rinse with cold water. Oil-based moisturizer is best suited to dry skin. Use alcohol free toner.

Everytime when i take bath my skin goes dry.. is there anyway to prevent.Does bathing leads to dryness of your skin.if yes how can i prevent my skin from drying,please help

The reason you feel so dry after bathing is more than likely the soap you are using is drying out your skin. Find a body wash or moisterizing formula for bathing in. I also use the bath salt preparations like Vaseline Intensive care that have oils in them. I have also added a bit of natural oil like sweet almond, or jojoba to my bath water but you have to be careful as it can be slippery!
    I have read that you really need to get a good butter or moisturizing creme and slather it all over your body after you bathe. Also do not vigorously rub yourself with the towel, instead blot off the water as rubbing can dry out the skin more as well. Also do not use really hot water in your shower or bath as it tends to dry skin out more as well.
    Look for shea butter or preparations that are rich in shea as it is great for the skin really conditions it and is transdermal meaning it goes beneath the skins surface to help protect and give the skin added nutrients.

Banned
    **** Female

Default Caring for Dry Skin

Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. The skin has a parched look caused by its inability to retain moisture. It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin.
    Dryness is exacerbated by wind, extremes of temperature and air-conditioning, all of which cause the skin to flake, chap and feel tight. This type of skin is tightly drawn over bones. It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. There may be tiny expression lines on these spots and at the comers of the mouth.

mine is a dry skin i always use olive oil message daily now my skin is become smooth and beautiful. i think this is a useful tips for dry skin

I would suggest you to go to dermatologist because I definitely think they know what's best for your skin type. Or if you want you can use Nivea facial wash for your face. I highly recommend this because I also have dry skin and Nivea facial wash is the only product that has been effective to me. Try this one, and I'm pretty sure that it wont do you any harm instead this might solve your problem. So what are you waiting for? Try it now.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast