Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is laser hair removal permanent

I do waxing every 2-3 weeks. I'm planning to have a laser hair removal. Just wondering if these laser hair removal would be a good idea. Do these techniques permanently remove the hairs. Anyone experience with these technique.

**Brenda** Female

i haven't had thie done myself because of the cost and no insurance covers it but it takes many laser treatments to destroy the hair follicles. some times up to six treatments. but until i find a rich person to take care of me i won't be able to have it done in my lifetime.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

It does but you need to go through many session of laser treatment, every months or every other month. Initially, In between the session hair might grow,but after 6-7 session about 80-90 percent of the people will have permanent hair removed, while for few cases maintenance treatment every year might needed for few years.

i don't think it will be permanent as after no of sittings ur hair becomes so thin that they are not visible. How many sitting you must take will be decided by your doctor after the examination of your hair growth and strength....
    I love My Skin

Laser hair removal could be permanent--but not after a single session. Usually, it would take 4 to 6 sessions for the permanent removal of hair in a certain area. However, burning/darkening of the skin area is possible.

Laser Hair Removal isn't permenant in the first instance, but the more times you have it done, the more it permenantly kills the hair folicles, which give a permenant result (although, I would've thought eventually your body will replace the folicles as you shed layers of skin).

Laser is FDA approved for permanent hair removal. Most people get rid of hair after 3-5 sessions. Some have to go through upto 8 sessions. It destroys hair follicles - the root from which hair grow.
    Laser works best if your hair are darker than skin.

How many sittings are needed ?

Hair growth is cyclical as hair follicles go through resting and growing phases. Only follicles in the growth phase contain hair and are destroyed by the light. Resting hair follicles need to enter the growth phase before they can be destroyed by the laser treatment. It maybe, therefore, necessary to repeat the treatment at 1-2 month intervals until all hair follicles have been through the active phase. The length and timing of the growth cycles are affected by numerous factors such as body site, hair density and thickness, ethnic origin, hormonal status and age. The sittings depend on your hormonal metabolism. Some people are happy even with one or two sittings whereas others may require for 4-6 sittings, or even more.

how long does the treatment take ?

A large number of hair are targeted in one flash of light. A facial treatment takes around 10 minutes whereas a back or both legs may take 20 minutes.

Does it hurt ?

No anesthetics are required and most people describe the sensation as similar to that of pin pricks on the skin

How does the treatment work ?

The ultimate answer for permanence lies in the destruction of the roots which lie on the other side of the skin. The only known method to go past the skin was to slit and go in. Now, since the advent of laser light, those methods like electrolysis are history. In a few seconds the laser light is guided to the hair roots. Hair contains a pigment (melanin) that absorbs the light and sends it to the roots past the upper layers of skin. The roots are destroyed and then are unable to produce new hair. To ensure optimal energy transmission to the hair, a thin layer of gel is applied to the skin and the hair is trimmed before laser application.

it will remove your hair permanently if you have light growth. If the growth is thick it doesnt remove your hair completely but reduces the growth. I was lucky i got good result because my growth was light.

Laser hair plantation is permanent but you have to take prevention.You have to wash your hair not according to you,you have to take a doctor advice for this.The laser hair plantation is very costly that is why every common men cannot use this solution of hair.But most of the celebrity whose hair is removing day by day,they try laser hair plantation.And it is successful also.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast