Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice and Help please

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with this about a year ago and have continually used dermol to wash the face etc and a cream called daktacort (hydrocortisone cream) to treat flare ups.

Recently my skin has been worsening and would appreciate any advice any fellow sufferers or experts on the forum may have?

When washing my face with the dermol cream (liquid) I always pat my face dry and use a fresh towel everytime,... but never moisturise the face, is this possibly something I should be doing do you think?

I have read the tips regarding eating habits and general lifestyle changes but when for example the gym means so much to a person (as I am a keen bodybuilder and love hit cardio) it is difficult or even impossible to slow it all the way down or to even stop it all together.

I hope someone can help.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

As cause of rosaces is still unknown so the main goal of treatment is to keep the conditions under control. Have you found out which triggers your rosacea ? Make a list of things, (a sort of daily diary would be great) find which conditions make it worse, could be either some foods ( spicy foods) or eating habits, heat, cold, wind, stress, skin care products you are using, and your current exercise habit or anything that you might note.So the most important steps in prevention is to know which factor is making it worse, after you know the factor you can avoid it.

Does excess exercise makes it worse or sweating during exercise makes it worse, if its sweating try not to sweat by keeping your body temperature cool and when you know you are sweating and your rosasea will worsen you might get nervous and tends to get more sweat. So avoid stress.

So if gym means a lot for you and its worsening the rosacea, you can still reduce the excessive heat and sweating during your exercise by working out either in the early morning or late evening when the weather is cooler, Exercise frequently but for a short interval and keep the surrounding cool, use fans or open windows.Make yourself cool by drinking cool fluids.

yea you can use moisturizers for rosacea but remember even moisturizers tends to worsen rosacea in some people. So you should find it by yourself, which will suit you the most. Avoid using hot or cold water during face wash, just use lukewarm water.

There are many treatments options like topical metronidazone or clindamycin and laser therapy that might minimize the symptoms, you should be consulting the doctor for this.
    But its important to know which environmental condition is actually worsening your symptoms.

Is rosacea contagious ? one of my sister has it.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by Sasah View Post
    Is rosacea contagious ? one of my sister has it.
    No, its not contagious.

**Brenda** Female

oral antibiotics are used also, tetracyline, minocycline and erythromicin are used to help the flair ups. it is used for anti-inflammatory more than as an antibiotic.

Use soaps and lotions made for sensitive skin that do not contain alcohol, are not abrasive, and will not clog pores. Also, avoid rubbing or scrubbing your face.
    It is extremely important to protect your face from sun exposure, so use a broad-spectrum sunscreen.

You must stay out of the sun as much as possible. The sun tends to expand the blood vessels. Also, try drinking lots of water, and the rooms in your home humid. Dry heat makes it worse. I have this skin condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagofm View Post
    You must stay out of the sun as much as possible. The sun tends to expand the blood vessels. Also, try drinking lots of water, and the rooms in your home humid. Dry heat makes it worse. I have this skin condition.
    I have this problem regards dry heat in work (office). I constantly have a fan on at low speed, providing a slight breeze to the skin.

Do you think this helps my problem?? dont really it know if it actually helps if I am honest.

**Brenda** Female

maybe place a cup of water in front of the fan. i used to have small waterfalls in all my rooms but as nothing lasts forever i couldn't replace them. when i did have them i noticed the air wasn't as dry. i use a vaporizor at night so the air isn't dry in my home. i use the vaporizor because it makes the air warmer. the humidifier seemed to work for moisture but the rooms weren't as warm.

**** Female

Try using a green tinted foundation - the green will cancel out the red!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast