Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to get rid of warts?

I has small warts under my eye circle and its increasing day by day, before I had it burn out in local clinics but it came again, is there any natural treatments to heal it up completely, I’ve heard that it passes from one person to another after getting in contacts. Please do provide me some best advice on it. Either some best cosmetic or some cosmetic store.

Well, this may sound pretty silly to you, but, as kids we always sold our warts to someone for a penny. For some reason those warts went away!! It worked every time. Maybe it was just positive thinking but... hey whatever works right!! Give it it try, all it will cost you is a penny

**Brenda** Female

y34963, do you mean you actually found someone who wanted warts? i have never heard this before. it is cute. thanks.

I know it sounds funny but as kids we were told to sell them for a penny. The person who bought them (usually grandpa) never got them. I remember telling my doctor about this when my kids got warts and she laughed but said that she has heard of that too and for some reason it works for some people. Of course there is absolutely nothing scientific, just an old wife's tale and it wouldn't work for everyone.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    I know it sounds funny but as kids we were told to sell them for a penny. The person who bought them (usually grandpa) never got them. I remember telling my doctor about this when my kids got warts and she laughed but said that she has heard of that too and for some reason it works for some people. Of course there is absolutely nothing scientific, just an old wife's tale and it wouldn't work for everyone.
    Wow i never heard that too. sounds interesting..

The warts commonly seen on the skin are small, benign (harmless) growths caused by a viral infection. The culprit is one of the HPVs (human papillomaviruses) that can be spread from person to person or be acquired through contact with a contaminated surface. They can also travel from one part of the body to another. These may occur in any part of the skin or mucous membranes but most commonly appear on hands and feet (planter warts).
    This usually does not take more than ten days for most stubborn lesions. Alternatively, you can keep on wearing the bandage continuously, changing it two to three times a day. This may speed up the process so that a wart can be removed within two to three days. If you do not have ACV you can use white vinegar to get the same results. Similarly if you do not have a band aid you can use a cotton cloth to tie up.
    Simple home remedy:
    Apply castor oil directly to the wart with a cotton ball and tie with a band age, it will be gone within a week or so. You can use any band age to tie, however a duct tape will work better as it prevents any air from entering. You can boost the curing tndancy of castor oil by steeping a few cloves of garlic in castor oil. It is very effective remedy for eye warts.

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

Nice recommendation there, Hifza khan. didn't knew castor oil also helps. Thanks

How are warts on the skin removed?
    First of all, it's important to know that warts on the skin (such as on the fingers, feet and knees) and warts on the genitals are removed in different ways. Don't try any home remedies or over-the-counter drugs to remove warts on the genital area. You could hurt your genital area by putting certain chemicals on it. You also shouldn't treat warts on your face without talking to your doctor first. The following are some ways to remove common warts from the skin:
    Applying salicylic acid. You can treat warts on places such as the hands, feet or knees by putting salicylic acid (one brand name: Compound W) on the warts. To get good results, you must apply the acid every day for many weeks. After you take a bath or shower, pat your skin dry lightly with a towel. Then put salicylic acid on your warts. The acid sinks in deeper and works better when it is applied to damp skin. Before you take a shower or a bath the next day, use an emery board or pumice stone to file away the dead surface of the warts.
    Applying cantharidin. Your doctor may use cantharidin on your warts. With this treatment, the doctor "paints" the chemical onto the wart. Most people don't feel any pain when the chemical is applied to the wart. You'll experience some pain and blistering of the wart in about 3 to 8 hours. After treatment with cantharidin, a bandage is put over the wart. The bandage can be removed after 24 hours. When mixtures of cantharidin and other chemicals are used, the bandage is removed after 2 hours. When you see your doctor again, he or she will remove the dead skin of the wart. If the wart isn't gone after one treatment, your doctor may suggest another treatment.
    Applying liquid nitrogen. Your doctor may use liquid nitrogen to freeze the wart. This treatment is called cryotherapy. Applying liquid nitrogen to the wart causes a little discomfort. To completely remove a wart, liquid nitrogen treatments may be needed every 1 to 3 weeks for a total of 2 to 4 times. If no improvement is noted, your doctor may recommend another type of treatment.
    Other treatments for warts on the skin. Your doctor can also remove warts on the skin by burning the wart, cutting out the wart or removing the wart with a laser. These treatments are effective, but they may leave a scar. They are normally reserved for warts that have not cleared up with other treatments.

I think you came with the right decision to have your warts cured by a doctor. Remember an expert knows best and also have your doctor do it for you to avoid or prevent you from having scars. Perhaps the reason why your warts got back is because you didn't let all your warts cured, that's why it came again.

When I consulted about the removal of warts on my face the doctor only suggested a minor surgery instead of using chemicals. I am contemplating on the idea of getting them removed by a small surgery.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast