Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default When to take bath :: Before meal or after

Folks,

I know most of the people would say that always take bath before you have your meal.
    there is an old myth you cant swim or bathe after a meal- The main reason this came about is when one has a meal , all the blood rushes to the stomach to help digest the food, but also remember How long does one have to be in a shower? 5 to 8 minutes at then most? in that period of time nothing can happen, even if U swim for 10 minutes nothing happens
    So please share your views on this topic...

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Interesting topic. i would love to get views from the members before i input something..

**Brenda** Female

i shower every morning after i eat my cereal. i don't think it matters bathing wise about how soon after a meal. we have a baby in our house and after she gets done eating she almost always needs a bath. she feeds herself and is a little messy. did i say little?? now if you are swimming that is a different story. i know if you go into the water too soon it can cause cramping and if you are swimming in deep water it is not good to cramp.

You should take bath before your meal.This thing is suggested by most of the doctors because taking bath after Lunch will lead to some digestive problems.

Yeah blood flows towards the stomach at huge rate after meals to digest it,and perhaps it wouldn't harm if you take bath after meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaval View Post
    Folks,

I know most of the people would say that always take bath before you have your meal.
    there is an old myth you cant swim or bathe after a meal- The main reason this came about is when one has a meal , all the blood rushes to the stomach to help digest the food, but also remember How long does one have to be in a shower? 5 to 8 minutes at then most? in that period of time nothing can happen, even if U swim for 10 minutes nothing happens
    So please share your views on this topic...

You can have a bath after you have a meal. How many people have you seen eating in a hot tub!! I have yet to see anyone getting ill. There are swim up bars at a lot of resorts. I don't think they would take the chance of getting sued if it was a real hazard.

Most of us put our children in the tub after a meal - it is the only way to get them clean sometimes

I don't know much about a simple bath or shower but when it comes to swimming, I'll prefer a break of half an hour after meal before going to the pool. We all know that exercising just after taking a meal is not advisable and swimming is surely a great exercise.

I think the old saying goes that you can't swim after you eat for 15-30 min. Cramps. But this is just over protective myth. as far as taking a shower or bath before or after you eat why not just wash your hands before and you should be fine.

My mom always told me that it is bad to take a bathe immediately after I wake up. When I just woke up, she always prevents me from taking a bathe right after I woke up. I don't know why she always do that.

I think it is better to take a bath after meal. But you have to rest or relax for awhile before you go to the shower, so that your foods will be digested properly. I suggest you to take a bath after meal because more often than not we become messy after eating or we feel a bit sticky because of the foods that we eat for sometimes we use our hands to eat, right? And also for better hygeine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast