Hybrid View

Default suncreen supplement

I have been reading about Polypodium leucotomos - Heliocare, made from a S/American fern, it is supposed to lessen sunburn & protect areas you might forget to put suncreen cream on, (you still need a topical suncreen). Because my skin is so fair I miss out on beach outings, always in the shade & wearing neck to knees clothing so I am a bit excited about this product. If I experience anything untoward I just discontinue as with anything taken orally

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Thanks for letting us know , so are you taking it ..? Looks promising and as far as i read there are no major side effects.

But just remember:
    "PLE has not been clinically tested in patients less than 18 years, and in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Hence there is no data to support its use in these groups."

**** Female

Sounds cool. I'm usually religious about putting sunscreen on my face and neck, but I often forget about everywhere else

I'm not taking this supplement at the moment, I have been spending my $s trying out skin care products, but now the warmer weather is on it's way I'm going to order. So I'll keep you posted. It's good to know others are interested in this as well.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by facevalue View Post
    I'm not taking this supplement at the moment, I have been spending my $s trying out skin care products, but now the warmer weather is on it's way I'm going to order. So I'll keep you posted. It's good to know others are interested in this as well.
    sure we would love to see how it works. but be sure to get details about the products from real people not just good testimonials from the websites that sells, good luck dear

Thumbs down Heliocare

Here is the update on 'Heliocare'. It didn't work for me, so disappointed. Followed the directions, used sunscreen as well but ended up getting burnt. So it looks like no more water sports for me.

Thank you for updating. Sorry to hear that. Creams are the best options then oral suppliments,I think so.

Oh... sorry to hear that facevalue. It makes me excited to know how does a oral supplement really works. But as you said it, I'm disappointed too. Didn't you complained about it?

Thumbs down

I think with most products with promises, 9times out of 10 they don't deliver, so no I don't think it much use to complain; it's hit & miss isn't it. Those supplements seem to dry my skin out anyway, so I would guess that's probably a side affect, for me at least

In using a sunscreen supplement you need to find the best product for you so you won’t regret at all. As what I’m using every time I go out and my skin get expose with the sun, I’m using an SPF 20 lotion that suits my type of skin. I wish before to have a better skin behind the UV rays that I encounter with and I finally come up with the best product I’ve ever wanted. I just use a better lotion that gives me protection and gives me supplement for my skin. I use Nivea, hope it would work for you too. Have a nice day!

Thanks a lot and keep safe!