**** Female

Default Taking care of your contact lenses

Avoid moisturising or using antibacterial soap when washing your hands to prevent contaminating lens
    Fill your contact lens case with solution before replacing lens in case to help avoid damage
    Keep your contact lenses always moist
    Avoid using permanent or lash building mascara's as these can create deposits on contact lenses that are difficult to remove
    Use contact lenses only through medical guidance and valid prescription to avoid risk
    Keep your contact lenses case clean and tightly closed
    Remove your contact lenses while sleeping
    Keep the solutions in a cool dry place and away from dust and filth
    Remove the lenses from your eye in such a way that your nails does not harm your eyes

**Paulius** Male

Thank you for this information. It could become handy as I'm thinking of starting to use contact lenses (my eyesight is poor ). But I'm afraid a bit - I think it's really hard. I don't know how it's possibe to touch the eye...

**Dennis** Male

Thank your for this nice tips about taking care of our contact lenses. I was looking for some tips like this before, but could not find good ones. I really have to "Thanks" this post.

- Dennis

I think it depends on you on how to take good care of your contact lenses. I suggest to discipline yourself and be attentive enough in using it. Like if your using it and it dries up a bit try to keep it moist most of the time and put it in case or put it in proper place to avoid it from being misplaced and make it sure that it is always clean because you will use it in your eyes thus, to avoid your eyes from being irritated.

Hey Folks,
    I think this is the right thread. I have recently started wearing contact lenses. Before that I was very scared to use it by thinking that how would I feel if something touch my retina in the eye. I really had a trouble wearing it in the beginning but I am still doing it good now.
    It has been over a month or so. As OP said you got to be very careful if you use lenses. Always put your lenses in that solution, always wear it after wash your hands, do not grow nails. Always wear big specks that covers your eyes when you go out. It will protect you from Wind and Dust and other infection.

**Brenda** Female

it is almost cheaper to have lazer surgery to correct eye problems than to wear contacs. i just wear glasses. reading glasses. i don't need them to drive just to read!

Can you also tell a trick to help with over-dry eyes because of contact lenses?

**clara kim** Female

there are eye drops specifically for people who wear contacts!

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

When in the sun, wear sunglasses with total Ultra Violet protection with a wide brim hat as wearing contact lenses can cause your eyes to become more sensitive to sunlight.

**marclewis** Male

Replace the contact lens storage case every three months.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful