Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scab fell off my chest last week...

Hello everyone,

About a week ago a scab fell off my chest; the scab was about the size of a penny.

The skin was very pink where the scab fell off “which is normal” so I started to put vitamin E as well as a product called scarzone on it.

Last night I went and played soccer with some friends and when I got back home I noticed that there was some fluid under the pink skin; kind of like a blood blister or something. What should I do, should I drain the fluid by making a pinprick in the skin? I really don’t want to get a scar but I know I probably will.. so at this point I’m just trying to let it heal properly so the skin doesn’t get really damaged.

So, what should I do??

I've attached two photos of what it looks like... Thanks

*remove the two spaces"
    ht tp://i234.photobucket .com/albums/ee300/sp0oon/scab1.jpg
    ht tp://i234.photobucket .com/albums/ee300/sp0oon/scab2.jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

SO it is due to the rupture of blood vessels around the scab.The first management would be applying ice pack several times a day,doing this the vessels will get constricted and no chances of further bleeding and collection of blood. Pinprick will let the collected blood out but will have further room for blood to occupy the space. Pinprick might lead to further infection if not done in septic environment. So just avoid pricking my yourself.try it with icepack .

So finally what i would suggest is to apply heat pad for 10-15 mins so it will absorb the collected fluids and followed by ice pack to constrict the vessels so there won't be any bleeding. If you have severe pain with pus and hot around the area i would suggest to visit a doctor but further infection management.

Thank you for the suggestion.. I will be doing this later tonight.

I will let you know how it goes.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup sure ..but make sure its not infected if there is pus or the color changes to yellow with hot sensation in the area with fever and pain.. you must go for a drainage of the pus.Now it doesn't look like its infected so just apply heat and cold as suggested and see if it works.

Alright, so here's exactly what I did,

I took a compress and placed it on the area for about 5 minutes. After that I used a pin and poked a small hole in it.. That is after I sterilized the pin.

I applied light pressure on it using toilet paper and clear liquid came out.. no blood.. After a few minutes I wrapped a icepack in tp and I placed it on area for about 20 minutes.. Clear liquid still comes out if I put plenty of pressure on it but I think everything will be well.

I'll fill you later tonight. What happens if it were to fill up with liquid again? Should I do the same procedure?

Thanks for the help thus far. Much appreciated.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

o.k so you have poked with the pin.. ummm.. you can apply antiseptic and inti-infective ointments like betadine or sisomicin sulphate creams so it won't get infected. make sure it won't get infected. Don't poke frequently u might get a scar.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

so how is the progress now.. any way how did you get the scab before?

Everything is going very well now. The top layer of skin that had the fluid under it is starting to fall off. Either then that though everything looks good. the pinkness is starting to fade and for the time being I keep applying Vitamin E and Scarzone.

I used to have a small mole there, so I purchased a product called "Bio-T" to remove it… The process took about a month and it left that large mark. The mole was maybe the size of a pencil eraser but for some reason it attacked allot more skin.

You've been very helpfull and I want to thank you. It's nice when people take the time to help other.

Do you think applying vitamin E and scarzone will minimize scaring or should I try another route?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

i personally would not use Vit-E or scar zone rather i would go for topical antibiotics and protect further inflammation or infection. I would let the wound heal by its own process,intrrupting normal healing process might further result in scar. I won't suggest Vit-E or scar zone for atleast 15 days, they might help to reduce the visibility of already formed scar but don't prevent scar formation......

Well i'm not a cosmetic expert so consulting further to an expert cosmetic surgeon might help. All i can suggest is let it heal by its own process..just make sure to avoid further infection..after 2-3 weeks when wound heals leaving a fresh scar tissue... gently massage with vit-E or scarzone. ur scar will fade away by itself..There is no medicine that can prevent scar formation as far i know..

Sounds good. I will fallow you suggestion. I will start reapplying Vitamin e and scarzone in two weeks time. It's faded pretty well thus far.. It's still pink but it's not looking red like it was. I will post some pictures up here in two weeks time to show the progress.

Honestly, you've helped me out so much. Thanks a million

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast