Hybrid View

Default My baby has rash behind her knee

My second baby is just 5 months and these days she is having this little skin problem behind her knee only. I tried using Johnson & Johnson lotion but seems like its not working anymore. Any suggestions what what can i put behind my babies knees to stop those rash.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

it might be from skin rubbing together? For my kids i used baby oil in the creases.you can apply Sorbolene cream, its good for rash. I used to wipe the area with a cotton ball and apply sorbolene after bath.

**Brenda** Female

is is from sweating or did it just appear? are there any bumps involved.? heat rash is usually on areas that sweat. does it look like a bug bite? on her next visit to the doctor if she still has the rash ask what you should use. if it is from sweat you could use plain old corn starch. if it is bumpy it might be an allergic reaction. if it is a bug bite use some neosporin plus. it has an antihistamine in it and is safer for an infant that hydrocortisone. babies skin is so sensitive. good luck, just ask the doc about it when you see him next.

yea it might be due to sweating, no there are no any bumps involved,there is just red rash and she itches it. any more suggestions ?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Just make sure to avoid friction, heat, and maceration by keeping the Popliteal area cool and dry.Apply cotton or linen cloth or dressing to the areas to avoid contact and friction,but avoid tight, occlusive dressing.

Antimycotic agents like miconazole, clotrimazole are helpful, esp. if used with a mild steroid for a short duration. Never use stronger topical steroids because it might cause skin atrophy and striae.
    As in the case of baby the skin is sensitive so consultation to a dermatologist personally is better before applying any medications.

thank you all. i'm planning to visit a doctor this week.