Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Treatment for sun tan

I have very sensitive skin. My skin tans very easily. whenever i go swimming it tans so quick and it starts to peel. can anyone recommend some treatment for this.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Try to avoid sunlight as much as possible, Always use sunblock with atleast SPF 30 and use water-resistant sunblock before you go for swimming.

**** Female

Body gets dehydrated with sunburn. The best way to replenish the lost fluids from your body is to drink lots of water after being out in the sun for long.

Relieve pain with plantain:
    An herbal wash made form plantain leaves may take away the sting of sunburn. You can buy the dried leave in some health food stores. Grind up a few leaves, place the mulch in a cup of boiling water, and steep for a few minutes. When the liquid cools, pour or splash it onto the sunburned skin. You can use the wash once or twice a day. Do not confuse the plant plantain with the banana like fruit of the same name.

**Brenda** Female

apply water resistant sunblock with at least 30spf. put it on 1/2 hour before you leave your home. let it sink into the skin. when you get out of the water for a break or to dry off put more sunscreen on. i know this is a pain but it will prevent you from burning.

There are many options for treating suntanned skin. You can use artificial as well as simple home remedies. However, note that in many cases the suntanned skin itself becomes like before after sometime.

The artificial creams as fairness creams, skin bleaches, etc, are effective. Moreover, as they are cheap as well, they are very popular. However, there are some good home remedies for tanning as well. They cause no side effects and they hardly cost anything. Some of them are given below. In the milder cases, rubbing the skin with peeled potato is a very good sun tanning treatment. The potato should be rubbed only on the affected areas. Alternatively, you can even use the raw juice of a potato.

If your skin has become severely tanned, you can use a mixture of sugar, glycerin, and lemon juice. Scrub this mixture directly on the affected areas. While applying this mixture massage the skin gently.

A mixture of 1 teaspoon of potato juice and lemon juice can be applied on the affected areas. This as well will help get rid of tan for sure. Remove skin of a cucumber and then immerse it in a liquidizer. To this, add 1 tablespoon chilled milk. Mix this thoroughly and then you can apply it on the tanned areas.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaya26 View Post
    I have very sensitive skin. My skin tans very easily. whenever i go swimming it tans so quick and it starts to peel. can anyone recommend some treatment for this.
    In your case, you might have to have perhaps a sunscreen with an SPF 45 or higher. If you burn quite a lot, try avoiding the sun until you heal, that's all I can really say.

Coconut oil is very gentle for skin. Massage whole body with coconut oil before going out in sun. It hepls in sunburn prevention. Maybe you can try this.

**** Female

Try using an SPF of 30 and making sure to reapply after you get out of the water. Even if sunscreen claims to be water proof - it's not. This video explained a lot: [ Link Under review ]

Hope that helps!

People whose skin get easily tanned first of all must avoid going in sun as much as possible.Using a sunsreen is the only option if one cannot avoid going out in sun.Use a sunscreen which suits your skin type.There are a variety of good products available in the market.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast