Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skin tags & Keratosis Pilaris

Does anyone know how to get rid of skin tags.

I thought they were blackheads and it turns out they were mini skin tags too small to be burned off.

Also the doctors said the acne/red bumps all over my arms is keratosis pilaris

Does anyone have this problem or know of any cures? I am trying to find a glycolic body wash but the only ones I can find is called Glytone and it's sold in America and not delivered to the UK!!

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well they are harmless and doesn't need any treatment, sometime it will go by itself when you reach 30 yrs.
    The first measure to prevent is to prevent excessive dryness,for this you can use mild soap like Dove. And remember single therapy is not so successful in this so combination therapy might be helpful.

You can try moisturizing with vaseline or use of creams with any of the formulation of alpha hydroxy acid lotions,urea, lactic acid lotions, salicylic acid after a bath might helps to soften your skin and remove the dead skin. You can use these 2-3 times daily. If your have severe red rash and inflammation you can use medium potency topical steroid cream like mometasone for a week followed by 2-3% salicylic and 20% urea combination creams.

hydroquinone 4% creams might help fading of the pigmentation. Some research says Photodynamic therapy has been successful but this needs more research for confirmation.

Beside all these medical care, Microdermabrasion has shown some good results to some peoples but research has not still confirmed that it works for all. And yea peoples do try some home exfoliation like taking a hot baths and then rubbing the affected areas with a coarse washcloth or some stiff brush.

There are many therapies like
    dermabrasion,microdermabrasion,chemical peels,photodynamic therapy,blue light,intense pulsed light therapies. But there is no 100% successful results with all these.

Hey pika i also have keratosis pilaris with out any solution. does glycolic works on it. I would also try. But i also started having eczema for last one year.Which one would be good for both of this.If anyone know let me know too.

Default glytone

Hey I bought a glytone KP kit from america which I am going to try out when it arrives.

I went to come chinese herbal remedy place and they gave me pills callled 'Pi Fu Xue Du Wan' there is like 200 mini pills and you have to take 8 of them twice a day.

They also gave me this cream called 'Shizhenqing' It stinks!!

But the KP seems to have calmed down a bit, or perhaps it's my imagination.. who knows

I will continue to experiment.. I have a lot of skin problems!! the main one being stretchmarks which seem to have covered my entire body.. i think only my face doesnt have it now :-(

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

yea skin diseases are really hard to treat. some medicine might cure one but not all.Just keep trying and let us know the results too.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup pika let us know the improvements, So others members also benefit from you.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

so how was glytone KP any updates??

Well I have been using the glytone wash, I don't notice anything

The doctors gave me a cream called aquadrate with 10% urea,

That seems to be helping...I wish I could provide a before and after picture for you

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup past is gone.. but you can still provide the current pics and later improvement pics..

so just to update.. the urea cream and the glytone cream, basically got rid of the roughness of the skin from the KP, but the marks/dark spots created by it, are still there.

The dermatologist claims the marks won't go, the only thing they can do is make the skin smoother...so there we go lol scarred for life

i wonder why celebrities don't have acne scars and KP..I guess I need to become famous and get a top notch dermatologist to finally get rid of all my skin problems!!!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast