Default Thick mole on my cheek

Hi i'm 65 yrs old women. For the last 6 years i have a thick mole on my cheek. Its like dark thick mushroom like which is around 3cm. I also have other skin tags on my axillae and groin areas.Thought the lesion had not bother me at all. But i would like to know if there will be any problems in future. I have no other
    diseases except mild hypertention which is in control. Any suggestions would you give.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

According to your mole chacter and nature its looks like basal cell papillomas,but yea can't just diagnose without seeing it. Most probably its basal cell papillomas. They are just harmless and rarely or never become malignant type. Very rarely, basal cell papillomas may denote an underlying internal malignancy, As some Skin cancers are difficult to distinguish apart from basal cell papillomas, so if you are unsure about your skin lesion consult your doctor.

Treatment is not needed for basal cell papillomas but for a cosmetic concern you can get them removed by Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen),Laser Surgery,Curettage & cautery or Shave biopsy.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
    thankx

My wife had several moles very similar to what you describe. She went into our family physician who was able to remove them on the spot. They had a sample of the material tested to see if it was cancerous, and it came up clean. You should maybe do the same, just so that you will have peace of mind.

I totally agree with deepak, why dont you consult a doctor for moles. Im pretty sure they know best. I have a sister in law who had mole on her upper lips and had it removed. And I must say that the operation was very successful. Dont worry the doctor will tell you if its cancerous or not.
    Chinee

**Kelly Mirian** Female

516 Rockland Avenue NY 10543 Mamaroneck, NY 10543, United States

A skin mole is called by a selection of cells named melanocytes and are a part of skin pigmentation.There are various methods to remove mole that are using laser and through depositing acid on the mole to burn away the tissue.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful