Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anti aging cream:

Hello Everyone,

This is Michelle, new to this forum, I hope I can exchange products/ideas with everyone on this forum.

I don't have wrinkles, but I am beginning to have the appearance of fine lines. After doing some homework, on the ingredients that are most effective, I learned of a cream called Preve from Isabella Pelle. After 2 weeks of usage the fine lines have disappeared. I learned of this company from a friend in college.

I emailed the company and asked them what is it that makes their product different from those found in mass market retail, or high end stores, and they replied that they use the maximum allowed ingredient called palmitoyl tripeptide-5, along with watermelon and algae extracts as antioxidants. In English, this translated to me saying "adios" to the fine lines. Mass market creams simply have fillers instead of the maximum portions active ingredients hence the cheaper pricing. So I hope my experience helps other. I look forward in hearing from others. take care michelle.

This seems to be very exclusive ingredient. Alpha hydroxy acids and antioxidants work well as anti aging agents too. Try using products containing them. Also its never too early to start using anti aging skin care products!

**Brenda** Female

this also could be a chemical name for a regular ingredient used in the cheaper creams. marketers always have ways to trick you into buying their product. it might be special but i would investigate it myself.

Hi Brenda,

I have to tell you that is why I like the Isabella Pelle line. All of their active ingredients are there on the website . It tells you what each ingredient does etc.
    If a manufacturer especially one making multi-million dollar ads, celebrity endorsed products uses, "and we use a special secret formula" right there and then I change the channel, turn the magazine page, or change the radio station. Transparency is the key point here.

I think the only place that the "secret formula" applies is in KFC chicken.

**Brenda** Female

you are probably right i hate the products that have secret ingredients.

**** Male

Don't fall for "secret ingredients" nonsense. It's a scam. If you see an anti-aging treatment with the same ingredients as another one, you can be sure the levels of concentration are much lower in the cheap one. That is why if you go to walgreens or another local drugstore you will see wrinkle cream formulas or eye creams that have the same ingredients as expensive online versions. You can know that there is about a 50% base of water in each formula for one, and the rest of it is broken down into different levels of the remaining ingredient, plus something to hold it together. A site I found informative on this subject is an authority blog on eye serum. Check it out and read about ingredients and concentration levels for a brief overview of the subject at hand.

**Brenda** Female

good point karla, also in the US we have the good ole fda to make sure our products are safe and all listed on the labels. one problem with this is that all the good stuff from asia, and uk are not allowed to be sold here.

Quote Originally Posted by michell1304 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

This is Michelle, new to this forum, I hope I can exchange products/ideas with everyone on this forum.

I don't have wrinkles, but I am beginning to have the appearance of fine lines. After doing some homework, on the ingredients that are most effective, I learned of a cream called Preve from Isabella Pelle. After 2 weeks of usage the fine lines have disappeared. I learned of this company from a friend in college.

I emailed the company and asked them what is it that makes their product different from those found in mass market retail, or high end stores, and they replied that they use the maximum allowed ingredient called palmitoyl tripeptide-5, along with watermelon and algae extracts as antioxidants. In English, this translated to me saying "adios" to the fine lines. Mass market creams simply have fillers instead of the maximum portions active ingredients hence the cheaper pricing. So I hope my experience helps other. I look forward in hearing from others. take care michelle.

You are so right, some big companies use fillers instead of real and efficient ingredients. Either the price is very high and you've got everything in their products or the price is very attractive and they save money on products.

Big cosmetic companies market their own products intensively, and the marketing cost, could be extremely expensive (spot tv, marketing agency, etc)

I have noticed that medium and small companies are focusing on quality and natural products. They are not necessarily expensive, but you can sure they are not using fillers. Why? because they don't have a huge budget like the big companies and the only way to promote their products is word of mouth. It's not in their interest to sell low quality products, and they will try to provide the best and most effective products.

Check their reputation online, or ask for recommendations from others.

Vencasand,

That is a definite. I simply do not buy any products whether it's creams, or makeup without the ingredients or point of origin.

As I stated before, that is why I like the Isabella Pelle (www.isabellapelle.com) site. No secret ingredients, or fillers

Makeup? I simply do not touch the china junk. Yes I know some people disagree with me, but for me who is going to assure me that stuff made on the other side of the planet is safe? Remember the dog food scandal made in China, the milk problem also from China, and finally the drywall problem in the US? Now would you trust the same country with stuff that goes on directly onto your skin? To each his own, but for me no way. What makes matters worse is that china junk comes with famous brand names. For the past two years, I've been using a brand that is made only in the USA. The brand is called Coonobabe. I learned of them in ELLE magazine. These guys are good, they ship 4 free anywhere and the products are awesome. But the best part is that all of their product line is made in the USA, no worrying about whether filler or strange ingredients going into the pot. Check them out. www.coonobabe.com

**Brenda** Female

i didn't mean to say that stuff from europe was bad. in fact i hear that some of the sunscreen is so much better than ours. what i actually meant was that the good products from asia and uk are safe because they have been using them for years. it is our fda that prevents us from using products from around the world. we can't even order makeup from canada!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast