Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    **Ryan** Male

Default darkness under eye circles

Darkness under eye circles is caused by stress due to lack of sleep. This becomes prominent under eye because the whole body becomes pale when you get stress.

I know that many of us have this problem and it is caused due to several reasons not only lack of sleep. Some of the reasons which i know are: Lack of Vitamins, More stress for eye (i.e. being in computer for longer than 8 hours daily). Besides, mental tension also can be the reason for it.

Yeah computer eye strain does it for me. Sleep will help and again healthy eating is important to always look and feel healthy.

Lack of sleep does it for me. If I get a good nights sleep my eyes are awesome in the morning but when I don't, well, they don't look so good.

**Brenda** Female

dark circles could also be hereditary. there are creams and stuff advertized to help but that doesn't mean they work. eat right, get enough sleep, and then see how it goes.

**** Male

You all pretty much hit the nail on the head, as we say. Sleep, BUT GOOD SLEEP, is important. Moisturizers under the eyes helps a lot also, something that has the tendency to tighten up the skin. Remember, whatevery you eat has a way of finding itself in the skin. Take garlic, eat a lot of garlic and your skin will start to smell a little, not a lot. Eat a lot of carrots or drink carrot juice and your skin will start to turn a little orange.

Also, your skin is like a sponge, it absorbs whatever is on it over a period of time.

The skin is the first thing we see, facial skin, arm skin, leg skin or feet skin. I always notice the facial skin and the feet skin, if one is wearing sandles. I also notice peoples elbows, hard and crusty elbows, they don't take good care of their skin, as a whole....

**** Female

I think sleep is a big factor though, because I use to work night shift three nights straight and I would come home and look like I had been clobbered in the eyes. Is it possible to get rid of the dark circles completely though?? I still have them but they are not as bad as before

**steve** Male

HI,
    Dark under eye circles begin in the capillaries, the tiny blood vessels that web the delicate skin around the eyes.There are various causes of the dark circles under eyes:Ageing,Fatigue,Stress,Nutrient deficiency, Sun exposure.Here are some home remedies to avoid it:

1. Application of a thin sliced cucumber.
    2. A mixture of almond oil and honey should be applied on the affected area.
    3.Rose water is considered to be a natural coolant for the body.
    4.Eat healthy food for dark circles like fresh fruit, Vegetables,
    Green leafy vegetable etc.

Sometime this may cause of not having proper and healthy diet. Every body is willing to reduce weight today. So that they start starving them self. All this become the reason of other problems.

Default Dark circles under eye

Your shiners, your raccoon eyes, your blue luggage... whatever you call your dark under-eye circles, here's what they really are: oxidizing hemoglobin.

Dark under-eye circles begin in the capillaries, the tiny blood vessels that web the delicate skin around the eyes. Now, your capillaries are so small that red blood cells sometimes have to line up, single file, to get through. Frequently, red blood cells get lost and wander into the surrounding skin. This isn't a problem - it happens all the time - and your body has a mechanism to mop up these escapees. Enzymes in your body break down the red blood cells, including their hemoglobin (the molecule that gives them their distinctive red color).

No problem, right? Except for one thing: when hemoglobin is broken down, its remaining components have a dark blue-black color. Just like a bruise. So your dark under-eye circles are actually caused by leaky capillaries.
    How dark under-eye circles are like bruises

When something hits you, blood vessels are traumatized and sometimes broken. Blood leaks out into the surrounding skin. Your body begins the mopping-up process, and you see a dark, purplish or blue-black discoloration.

So, as you can see, dark under-eye circles are very similar to bruises. The same mechanisms produce them.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast