Default Coping with Extreme Climate

Cold temperatures often lead to wrinkles and cause irritation. Air in winter is usually drier than in other seasons, and this dry air can result in dry itchy skin. I advise applying a moisturizer that is right for your skin type and put it on every morning to prevent wrinkles from occuring.

Avoid frequent changes of sudden temperature. Don't come home from the cold air into a very warm house. Keep your heating down low and turn it up as your body gets used to it.

I would like to add that you need to be bundled up in extreme cold. Do not expose your skin if not necessary. This keeps down wind burn and other issues with the cold.

If the skin on your face dull and sallow, try microdermabrasion. This procedure forces tiny crystals against the skin, literally blasting away dead cells, giving skin new life.

I guess this is why my face is alot dryer? I have to make sure I use more creams than normal to keep my face and hands soft and supple

The skin on your face is a lot more sensitive than the skin on your hands. If you keep moisturizer and cremes on your hands then you need to protect your face even more so than you do your hands!

I always get rashes when I come from a cold place and then go to a warmer one. And when I exercise in the cold, I get awful rashes too! Even if I bundle up, I still get rashes. I don't even feel cold, but it seems like my skin is!

Mimi then you should doubly protect your skin before you go into intense heat or cold situations. Prepare your skin for these by using sunscreen or moisturiser and also bundle up if you are not used to the cold. Keeping your skin hydrated on the inside and out will help a lot with the rashes.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful