View Full Version : indented scar

06-23-2011, 09:49 PM
I recently got an infection at the end of my nose, when it healed I was left with a large indented scar, any advice on what to do with indented scars? I'm waiting on a dermatologist referral and want to know what I should be doing in the meantime. Any ideas? Anything not to do?

06-25-2011, 03:46 AM
First you should remember there are no any treatment that can completely remove the indented scars.Don't believe anyone who promise to completely remove it. But yes it can be made less visible with some surgical scar revision, laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels or dermal fillers.

Its hard to suggest without having a look at your scar. But if its a big one an initial scar revision surgery followed by Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy with Laser Skin Resurfacing might help then applications of topical silicone gel sheeting designed for scar removal may give a better result.

Again, consulting with a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon would be better option, so he/she can determine which procedure suits best for your indented scars.

06-25-2011, 02:45 PM
you could use make up concealers to cover it. MUAC has a product called paramedic makeup that was made for burn victims. i am sure most makeup places carries something along this line. at least it won't show until you can afford to have a derm or a plastic surgeon look at it. best of luck

07-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I totally agree with deepak why dont you just first consult an expert to make sure that you will do the right thing. I would suggest you to go to your nearest and trusted dermatologist. Perhaps the treatment would cost a lot but who cares as long that it will be worth effective.