Default Not sure what this is, can someone help??

I havehad these spots since I was young, I am 30 now. It never really itched, but now it seems like when I am hot, it itches bad and get more and more red when I heat up. The spots dim in the winter months but are still visible, kind of almost an off-skin tone. What does this look like? My insurance stinks, that is why I have never been to a Dr. I simply cannot afford it!

Here is a picturess.jpg
    skin...jpg

By the way,this is my side/stomach area

**Brenda** Female

how young were you. a child? it could be a birthmark but you would have to see a doctor to find out for sure what it is. sorry i can't help.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well there are several disease that might mimic the appearance like yours like vitiligo, fungal infections (pityriasis versicolor, pityriasis alba) and eczema and many other deficiencies like B12 deficiency and so on.

The picture is not so clear, as u said its there since childhood, my guess would be Nevus depigmentosus. Because there is loss of pigment in that area, your skin doesn't gets tanned on that area while gets tanned on other areas, this creates more contrast white during summer than during winter. I would suggest you to visit a dermatologist and get it diagnosed..

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Well there are several disease that might mimic the appearance like yours like vitiligo, fungal infections (pityriasis versicolor, pityriasis alba) and eczema and many other deficiencies like B12 deficiency and so on.

The picture is not so clear, as u said its there since childhood, my guess would be Nevus depigmentosus. Because there is loss of pigment in that area, your skin doesn't gets tanned on that area while gets tanned on other areas, this creates more contrast white during summer than during winter. I would suggest you to visit a dermatologist and get it diagnosed..
    Right, but it is weird that, all of the sudden, now, it itches. Never did in the past. Thanks!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed