Default Skin Grafting & Tattoo Removal

Hello,

I am covered in freckles, mostly arms, face, and legs - mostly genetic, not skin damage. I had a tattoo on my arm lasered off in 2008. Unfortunately (and regrettably), it has left me with no freckles on a section of my arm. With that being said - I'd take the scarring and lack of freckles over the tattoo.

I currently draw on freckles with eye liner to blend the skin tones and make less noticable. My friend recommended skin grafting - or something along those lines. I dont know what another less-surgical procedure would be called. My arm is fully healed, so there's no open skin. Is it at all possible to 'graft' a patch of freckles/skin on the back of my leg and reconstruct on my arm?

Please help. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jill
    Attached Images Attached Images

**Brenda** Female

that is a very good question. i don't know if they can do that or not. in todays world they can do almost anything so i imagine there may be some hope.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Yup that can be done. But you may still have scar and in some cases it might be even ugly than ur current. I can't see the pic properly (very small), if u could post a larger one we might suggest u for more alternatives, but i guess its better to get suggestion from a dermatologist regarding"repigmentation therapy", like in vitiligo using psoralen or any tanning accelerators, they might work well in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Yup that can be done. But you may still have scar and in some cases it might be even ugly than ur current. I can't see the pic properly (very small), if u could post a larger one we might suggest u for more alternatives, but i guess its better to get suggestion from a dermatologist regarding"repigmentation therapy", like in vitiligo using psoralen or any tanning accelerators, they might work well in some cases.

Thanks for the info, all. I've attached a larger .jpgIMG00015-20120424-0827.jpg
    any additional info is greatly appreciated. i suppose i wouldnt care if the scarring was worse than now, as long as it wasnt overly obvious that something as stupid as that tattoo was lasored off!

**rachine safire** Male

Please tell me, did you use any laser treatment for removing your tattoo??

There are a lot of reasons for possibly wanting a tattoo removed. One of these is the difficulty to find a job. Lots of people are trying to find work, but few of them are having a difficult time for the egregious sin of just having a tattoo. Some employers refuse to hire people with tattoo, leading to an increase in the tattoo removal business.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful