Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    **Brenda** Female

keep applying the cream. stop freaking out! the cream is a healing ceam. watch for redness around the lazer spot. if it hurts or burns call the doctor!! it was larger and it takes time to heal. it is healing from the inside out. it takes time. have patience!! sending you hungs every thing will be okay!

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    keep applying the cream. stop freaking out! the cream is a healing ceam. watch for redness around the lazer spot. if it hurts or burns call the doctor!! it was larger and it takes time to heal. it is healing from the inside out. it takes time. have patience!! sending you hungs every thing will be okay!
    Thanks.

Anyway the bottom one is healing up fine.

But the top one hurts a bit when I touch it. It's like it doesn't have skin over it. It's very pink and kind of wet.

There was a small part of the bottom one that was like that. But in like 3-4 days, skin covered that part and now it's fine.

I would assume this is a healing process and in a few days, one week. The top one will be covered in skin all over.

Now I apply the cream twice a day and I put a band-aid over it. It doesn't hurt or burn. I just feel a slight pain when i touch it, so I don't.

I saw that there is Kelo-Cote gel for sale in my country and I think I'm gonna buy that and start applying it after skin starts covering the top one. I assume the top one was burned a bit by the laser or it was more sensetive to it.

Since there is an improvement on the bottom one of the laser. I think I might start applying the Kelo-Cote gel for 3-4 weeks see if that works as well as massaging the scars. If there is no change after a month. I would go for another laser treatment.

The doctor told me we can do one more, before summer hits. But in May she won't do it. So April is the only month she would laser the scars again.

**Brenda** Female

i think the kelo cote is a great idea. i personally think because this mole was deeper than the other one. give it some time to heal.

i think the kelo cote is a great idea. i personally think because this mole was deeper than the other one. give it some time to heal.
    You might be right. It is taking longer to heal and It scabbed in a different way the the bottom one.

Whats interesting to note is that one was the less lumpy and less red one.

Anyway I have a cortisone cream, should I apply that on it to make it heal faster or should I just stick to the healing cream I have now.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

you can apply topical cortisone cream, it will reduce the inflammation and heals faster, but just apply sparingly once or not more than twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    you can apply topical cortisone cream, it will reduce the inflammation and heals faster, but just apply sparingly once or not more than twice a day.
    I did apply the cortisone cream and within one day, the pain i felt while touching the scar went away.

It's been now a month since I got the laser done and I can say that it didn't really do much. When the scabs fell out, especially on the bottom scar, the color of the scar was very flesh like and it was flat and the surface felt different, good different. But within like 10 days, the color went to pink again and the skin when back to the way it was.

This was very disappointing, because it was like white and I had high hopes, that it would stay like that and get even better. It didn't. It turned pink again.

They are both not as pink as before but are still pink and vastly different from the surrounding skin.

Now I bought the kelo-cote gel. I've been applying it for 10 days now. I can say that the scars are flat now. Before this the bottom one was lumpy but after like one day of application it went flat. Now it's flat most of the time. The upper one is also almost flat.

But they are still pink. It's been like 70 days since the moles were removed. I know it takes 6 months to a year for scars to mature. But I'm worried they will stay pink. They have gotten a bit lighter since like a month ago.

Now I had a wart removed from my head about a year and a half. It too formed a hypertrophic scar, I didn't know it at the time that that was that type of scar, because it was covered by my hair and I didn't really check. But that scar did turn white. I don't know if it wasn't white and any point, all i know is that now, it's white.

I have a few small burns on my shoulder, which have left small scars, that also are white. But I have a vaccine scar from when I was 14, that is still kind of pink 10 years later and slightly raised.

Now what do you guys think I should do? Get another laser or just keep using the Kelo-cote and hope the scars turn white in the coming months? It says you should use it for 60-90 days on the box.

**Brenda** Female

i think you worry too much. you can keep using the kello-cote but also before you go out make sure these spots plus other uncovered parts of your body have sunscreen on them. remember the skin is healing from the inside out. it takes a while. i am glad they are fading but please don't forget the sunscreen. and also thanks for getting back to us!

i think you worry too much. you can keep using the kello-cote but also before you go out make sure these spots plus other uncovered parts of your body have sunscreen on them. remember the skin is healing from the inside out. it takes a while. i am glad they are fading but please don't forget the sunscreen. and also thanks for getting back to us!
    They are on my chest so they are gonna be covered, no sun will reach them. Don't worry about that.

I worry because this whole thing made me mad, the money spent on having the moles removed, then the 3 tubes of contractubex gel, then the laser, then the kelo-cote and the other gels/ creams. It all cost me a lot of money and for what? I'm worse of now, then before.

I just want them to go white and be done with it.

That's why I'm asking should I go for the laser again or just keep using the kelo-cote.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

The way you have described i seems that you may have tendency to develop keloid and hypertrophic scar... i guess corticosteroid shot might be the better option in this case.. cheap and better than any other options...What ever you apply just stick to the one for few months.. trying various methods may make your scar even worse..yup it takes 6+ months to at-least regain the original state but if u keep injuring it will take longer... The color changes that you mention is normal which will fade with time. There is no any fast remedy for that. just be patient and stick to one method..

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    The way you have described i seems that you may have tendency to develop keloid and hypertrophic scar... i guess corticosteroid shot might be the better option in this case.. cheap and better than any other options...What ever you apply just stick to the one for few months.. trying various methods may make your scar even worse..yup it takes 6+ months to at-least regain the original state but if u keep injuring it will take longer... The color changes that you mention is normal which will fade with time. There is no any fast remedy for that. just be patient and stick to one method..
    I have come to the conclusion that I do have a tendency to develop hypertrophic scars, after this incident. I wouldn't say keloids because, none of the have grown beyond the injury site and none of them itch or hurt are red or anything. Don't look like keloids from photos I've seen.

I did show my vaccine scar to the doctor before he removed the moles. He said we can try a cortisone shot for that. In retrospect that should have been a warning for him that I might scar. But he said, not to worry only the center area of the chest has a risk for that. Not the area near the neck. He messed up on that one.

I have superficial cuts, from a knife, lots of stuff, on my legs and hands. I've been cut, but I have never had any really bad scaring. I guess I have just been lucky those, cuts weren't too deep, I guess. The small burn marks aren't raised but are thick. I mean when I touch them you can feel that they are different from the surrounding skin. But they are the same color as the skin.

These two new scars are now basically flat. I read corticosteroid shots are used to flatten scars, does it do anything for the color? I read it can actually form blood vessels and make them turn red.

I just want them to turn white. I know it takes time, I understand that. I just want to make sure they do turn white. That's why I'm asking should I stick with the silicone gel or should I go for a laser again?

There is an improvement considering last month they were raised and they aren't anymore. If they'd only turn white.

Thank you for all your advice so far.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast