It's New York Fashion Week, and I really wish I can be there. But sadly I can't, but from what people twitted, it is a mega fun party. Hahahaha. Today, I read this article on Total Beauty and wanted to share it with you guys because I think the tips are really helpful.
1. Lipliner isn't evil. Many of us have kept away, because hey, "Drag queens give it a bad rap," says makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury. But done right, it's the best way to make lips look more symmetrical, which is especially important when wearing red lipstick.
2. If you curled your hair with an iron, but it turned out a little Shirley Temple-esque, pin it in a bun and let it set for 15 minutes. The result? Soft waves.
3. So tired of the same ole black nail polish? Dilute it with a thin clear topcoat like CND Stickey for a totally new sheer gunmetal gray color.
4. After flat ironing hair, tame annoying flyways: Spritz on shine serum (try Tresemme No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray) and, clamping your flat iron closed, run the side edge of it over the top of your hair.
5. Layer your favorite mascaras for multiple effects. Put a volumizing formula (try Maybelline New York The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara) on first to fatten up lashes and finish with a coat of lengthening mascara (try Estee Lauder Lash XL Maximum Length Mascara), which has a shinier finish and adds extra length.
6. When lining eyes with gel liner, hold the brush flat (length-wise) on your lid as you draw the line. Only use the tip of the brush as you reach the outer corner of the eye to extend the line.
7. When choosing an under eye concealer shade, pick one with a touch of warmth to it. It will cover dark circles without looking gray.
8. Plan to create an updo or ponytail? Take the time to prep hair by blow-drying with a flat or round brush. You'll get a more polished finish and won't have to wash your hair again for another three or so days.
9. Create gorgeous beach-y waves in four easy steps: First, spritz curl-refreshing spray (our readers love Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost) generously through hair. Next, tightly twist two-inch sections of hair all over and secure bobby pins. Heat twists with a diffuser while pinching each of them until dry. Finally, unravel twists and spritz with finishing spray while scrunching.
10. Line your inner rims with gel liner (try Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner) instead of pencil for a longer lasting look. Just make sure it is "ophthalmologist tested".
11. To create a soft wavy style, make sure your hair is very clean for ultimate shine. Product buildup can make hair look dull. Form waves by wrapping hair around a one-inch curling iron held horizontally. Brush out curls after allowing them to cool for five minutes.
12. When choosing a highlighting cream or powder to accent cheekbones and/or brow bones and the bridge of your nose, choose a finely milled one like Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Color Stick in S3 for a subtle effect. "You don't want to see it from space," says makeup artist Dick Page.
13. If you decide to sport a red lip (one of the trends seen on the Fall 2009 runways) opt for a matte lipstick formula. It will stay in place longer than shinier finishes.
14. You need to be generous with hair products to get the look you want.
15. Even if you don't apply mascara, do curl your lashes to make your eyes look more open and awake.