If you have either dark or black complexion, you might feel the need to protect your skin from the sun exposure. Whether you are using dark skin care, African American skin care, Asian skin care, or other ethnic skin care products, you will usually find a sun protection cream in any of those treatments.
When your skin is prone to acne, sun exposure can be damaging and cause acne aggravation. Further, it can cause acne black spots and other skin discolorations. For people with black acne, which is acne occurring on dark to black skin, excessive sun exposure can cause post inflammatory hyper pigmentation, which is the darkening of the skin in areas of acne inflammation. Additionally, the risk of acne scarring will also be increased.
There are various acne treatments for black skin that encourage protection against damaging effects of sun exposure. Various African American skin care products are being offered to the market addressing this problem.
The damage of sun exposure for your skin can be explained in few points:
1) It can aggravate your acne.
2) It can cause premature aging.
3) It can cause various pigmentation and skin discoloration effects.
4) It can cause dryness and promote acne scarring.
5) It can cause instant redness and irritation if you have oily and sensitive skin.
Those are basic damaging effects of too much exposure of sunlight.
Each day, you should not expose your skin to the sun exposure for more than 15 minutes. You should only allow the morning sunlight to penetrate the skin. Other than in the morning, you should always wear a sun block lotion wherever you go outside. This simple skin care advice can save your skin from the damage caused by excessive sun exposure and prevent sunburn from peeling.
There is no exact difference in skin care treatments for men and women. Usually, the damage of sun exposure is related to two main skin problems such as acne and premature aging. Therefore, sun protection is commonly found in natural acne skin care products and natural anti-aging products.
So, if your complexion is dark, sun exposure may damage your skin. Therefore, you should only expose your skin to natural sunlight in the morning for no more than 15 minutes each day. Whenever you have to go outside, you should always remember to apply a sun block lotion to prevent the sunburn.
Here are some tips to choose the best sun block for your skin:
1) Avoid harmful ingredients such as Benzophenone-3 (Bp-3), Octyl-Dimethyl-PABA (OD-PABA), Octyl-methoxycinnamate (OMC), Oxybenzone, Homosalate (HMS), Dioxybenzone, and 4-methyl-benzylidene camphor (4-MBC). Those ingredients may damage your skin and unfortunately, those ingredients can easily be found in various popular sun block products.
2) The usage of natural sun protective lotion is encouraged and must be applied whenever you go outside. Choose safe products with natural ingredients such as virgin coconut oil, aloe vera, and shea butter.