Battling dry skin is a constant challenge for many especially in dry season. The skin is not just dry but is also itchy which is often very irritating. The best thing is to keep skin moisturised and comfortable. Here are few things you should do:
- Cut back on bath and shower time ( some dermatologist suggest 3-5 minutes )
- Take cooler showers or baths and if you can’t then go for luke warm water.
- Use mild cleansers.
- When it comes to soap opt for cremy moisturising cleanser that contain glycerine or petrolatum.
- Exfoliate flaky skin as needed, but don’t overdo the scrubbing.
- Pat yourself dry gently with towel, rather than rubbing.
- Apply moisturisersimmediately after bathing to seal in remaining moisture.
- Pay special attention to lower legs,which tend to be dryer because they are farther from your heart.
- Don’t scratch dry, itchy spots,apply more moisturisers instead.
- People who drink relatively little water could see a significant bebefit in skin hydration if they start drinking nine glass of water per day.
- Moisturiser is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. USe a scrub in the sower and exfoliate facial skin with a mild scrub made for face.