Default What this is? ...

Extremely itchy. Soothed and feels great after hot shower but seems to get worse from the hot water. It just appeared on me, tiny and very itchy. Armpits were first then belly, lower back, belt line and thighs. No doctors where I live can diagnose it right so I'm here. I live in rural Alaska so no Dermatologists around. Please someone give me a guess. It has really got me depressed.

photo (1).jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum Joe. thanks for your questions but i need to ask few questions before coming to some conclusion.
    How often do you sweat?
    Any physical activities that causes excess sweat?
    Do you have any bumps on genital areas that itch?
    When does it itch most? during day or night or both or any other activities?
    Do you have such rash on wrists and finger web-spaces?
    Your profession? what you do currently?

Please do answer those questions, we'll be back with suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Welcome to the forum Joe. thanks for your questions but i need to ask few questions before coming to some conclusion.
    How often do you sweat?
    Any physical activities that causes excess sweat?
    Do you have any bumps on genital areas that itch?
    When does it itch most? during day or night or both or any other activities?
    Do you have such rash on wrists and finger web-spaces?
    Your profession? what you do currently?

Please do answer those questions, we'll be back with suggestions..
    I sweat often, very active in sports (Basketball) and I am a Police Officer so I sweat when wearing my ballistic vest.
    Nothing on the genitals, nothing on my hands or wrists. Mostly restricted to my torso but touches my thighs and arms. Nothing on my head but a little on my neckline. There seems to be no specific time when it itches, I seem to notice it more at night but that may be because I am not preoccupied with daily activities. I have tried treating it with Bag Balm, doctor gave me scabies medicine but he wasn't sure (Not a dermatologist) after two applications of the scabies medicine, it made no difference.

Hope that covers it.

Hi Joe! Sorry to hear about your condition. your condition seems like allergic contact dermatitis to me. It is possible that you are allergic to some of your clothing or anything that you may need to make small research by yourself. You can also undergo allergen test to determine the possible culprit. Avoiding the allergen may help you get rid of this condition.

**Esther** Female

Please be careful what type of body products you're using. Something our skin comes itchy after using alcohol-based products. Since you live in Alaska, it's possible that your body reacts at its own defense against some type of product or food you're consuming. If you can let us know which type of soap you're using when you go to take a shower or any other product you recall that causes this reaction, will be great.

Please stay in touch!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed