Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new here hi all , skin rash please help

hi all
    im driving myself nutts researching skin rashes ,,, I have had a red rash all over parts of my body itching burning stinging , I went to see a dermatologist who done some blood tests ,,, not sure if he was looking for lupus he didn't say , ive had a skin biopsy waiting for results ,

ana= weakly positive
    dsDNA and ENA negative
    serum ferriten =63
    white and red cells normal
    liver and kidney normal

I also have had rabbits for years and years and my dermo done a RAST test on me came back positive grade 2,,,, yet he said its very low he doesn't think the rash is due to the rabbits, and so my doctor said the same thing ,,,,, yet its confusing me because if a rast test shows positive , then surely im allergic to my rabbits???????

please can someone shed some light on this for me as its making me so depressed
    thanks

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

hi Sandy! welcome to Dermatalk. Is it the first time you developed rashes?how severe is your rashes and how will you like to describe it? is it possible to post a good picture? Do you have rashes all over the body including the hidden parts ? If its so, than it could also be probably due to suspected food, drugs which have ingested within this 3 weeks. presently you may not have developed allergy to rabbit but there is possibility that it might have aggravated it. So it is wise to stay away from it including food stuffs like red meat, eggs and sea food etc.

Attachment 2519Attachment 2520

hi deepak i think i have uploaded photos right i dont know how to do it ,,

hi can anyone tell me what this rash is im going very depressed and itching and burning hot skin driving me nutts

thanks

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Are you on any medications recently, any changes in house, bedding or any new things recently, clothes, perfumes etc...? do you have Burning urination or any other associated symptoms like fever etc.. Joint pain..? Have you taken any anti-itch medications..? what medications did ur derm prescribed..?

Default reply to deepak

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Deepak View Post
    Are you on any medications recently, any changes in house, bedding or any new things recently, clothes, perfumes etc...? do you have Burning urination or any other associated symptoms like fever etc.. Joint pain..? Have you taken any anti-itch medications..? what medications did ur derm prescribed..?

hi Deepak

no im not on any new medication , I have had this rash 4 months now , I know I was low in vitamin D and I was taking ADCEL vitamin d suppliments and I was taking pregablin for 2 weeks which didn't help my chronic back condition,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that was 4 months ago ..... apart from that no I have not taken any new medication,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    my dermatologist has given me ATARAX which are not doing anything for me , nothing else has been changed,

as I told u I had a rast test which was a positive grade 2 ,,,,and my one rabbit lives in the kitchen ,,,, but I was told that the rast test was very mild so wouldn't be the rabbits ,,,,,,,,,,, I have had a skin biopsy done but no results yet ,,,,,,,,,

this is making me very depressed for months now I have been trying to research this problem ,,,

what does it look like to you deepak

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

So why not change something, leave the house for few days and see if it works..if it still persists then house or the surrounding is not the problem. Also avoid the rabbit and see if it helps.

Does the rash blanch when pressed, does the rash come and go? if true when its severe..early morning/day/night? Do you have such/any rash or face...esp cheeks..? Do you have/had fever..? or any other symptoms besides itching and rash?

Positive ANA doesn't always means you have autoimmune disease like Lupus, it can be seen in normal individuals or those having their relatives with autoimmune disease..there are several other disease that can test positive ANA like viral/bacterial/ or thyroid disorders...

So, while the biopsy results come, you may add another antihistamine.. lets say,, non-sadative (Ebastine 20mg) in the morning and the sedative (Atarax-25mg) in the night and see if it helps control the itch. If the blood came normal and no infection is suspected you may apply topical steroids creams and calamine lotion to soothe the itching.. Sometimes oral steroids may be prescribed by your derm to control the rash.

Default deepak biopsy was inflamation what happens now

hi Deepak

im really worried ,,, just got results from biopsy cant see dermatologist till next Friday ,, results came back , no lupus, no cancers, but showed up inflamtion what is the cause of this or what happens next

Deepak im very confused ,,, if it has come back inflammation ,,, then the RAST test I had showed positive grade2 ,,,,, and my dermo and doctor says its not allergy to rabbits or its very low ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then surely they must be wrong ,because If the test states positive grade to to rabbits ,,, then surely the allergen is from the rabbits and that's why I have my rash ...... I have not had any other allergy tests

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

So, has it written just inflammation or any other comments/impression... Inflammatory cells are common in allergic reactions, so u might be allergic to something. Try to avoid rabbit if possible and see if it works, if it doesn't leave the house for few days and see if that works..

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast