Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Papaya for the skin

In the Philippines, a lot of whitening soaps and creams are made with papaya extract. This supposedly contains AHA which helps speed up the whitening process. I don't know if it really works. I like papaya the fruit so I eat a lot every week. And I've tried some products made with papaya as well, but don't see any results. WHat's your take on this? Do you think papaya is a good 'whitening' ingredient? Have you tried any papaya-based products?

when i was younger, my "yaya" (you know what that means!) used to use all these soaps with papaya extracts just to make her skin whiter. they made her skin peel , which in turn made her whiter (but her skin more sensitive to the sun!) and she turned red.

honestly, try to be happy with the skin color your have. don't torture it by whitening treatments!

I am from the Philippines too. I tried using papaya soaps for my elbow but like Mimico, I did not see a significant result so I stopped using it. I think rubbing a papaya to my elbow is a lot more effective than using papaya soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by skincare View Post
    I think rubbing a papaya to my elbow is a lot more effective than using papaya soaps.
    it most likely is! even though papayas have AHAs, i doubt there is enough concentrations of it in soap form to fully fade your dark spots.

Quote Originally Posted by mimico View Post
    Do you think papaya is a good 'whitening' ingredient?
    Papaya contains protein-digesting enzyme – papain. It dissolves dead cells on the skin’s surface without harming the living one, making it a good exfoliant. So, for this unique properties, papaya based skin products are good.

Quote Originally Posted by chicque View Post
    it most likely is! even though papayas have AHAs, i doubt there is enough concentrations of it in soap form to fully fade your dark spots.
    If you want to use papaya to make elbows whiter, then I think calamansi (Filipino version for lime or lemons) would be much more effective. It's the perfect size as well unless the one you have is dry. I guess lemons would also work well, but I'd rather use it in my salad rather than on my elbows! Papaya and lemon are quite expensive nowadays, so calamansi is the best choice for whitening!

Using calamansi also works in making the elbows white. What I do is apply the calamansi in my elbows and sometimes on my face and leave for about 5 minutes. It is aslo very effective.

**** Female

To make a papaya facial mask:
    select a green papaya, one that is not yet fully ripe.
    Mash one half of the papaya and combine with a tablespoon of honey.
    Cleanse the face with warm water and apply the papaya mask.
    Leave on for a half hour and then rinse off.
    This can be repeated twice a week to help rebuild skin and prevent wrinkles.

Papayas contain an ingredient called chitinases. Chitinases can cause an allergic reaction in people who have a latex allergy. This type of allergy is called a latex-fruit allergy. People with allergies to latex might be allergic to papayas, so care should be taken. If you suspect an allergy and want to use a papaya facemask, apply the mask to a small area of the face and wait 24 hours. If there is no redness or swelling, it is safe to continue to use the papaya facemask

Quote Originally Posted by dale91 View Post
    To make a papaya facial mask:
    select a green papaya, one that is not yet fully ripe.
    Mash one half of the papaya and combine with a tablespoon of honey.
    Cleanse the face with warm water and apply the papaya mask.
    Leave on for a half hour and then rinse off.
    This can be repeated twice a week to help rebuild skin and prevent wrinkles.

Papayas contain an ingredient called chitinases. Chitinases can cause an allergic reaction in people who have a latex allergy. This type of allergy is called a latex-fruit allergy. People with allergies to latex might be allergic to papayas, so care should be taken. If you suspect an allergy and want to use a papaya facemask, apply the mask to a small area of the face and wait 24 hours. If there is no redness or swelling, it is safe to continue to use the papaya facemask
    What sort of honey would you recomend with this? Can I just grab anything at the supermarket?? Thanks

I would recommend Manuka Honey which you can buy in your grocery store or health food store.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast