Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ashma View Post
    you can use lip balm that contains moisturizing ingredients like vit-E. Don't lick your lips they will just get much drier. Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush to remove chapped skin. avoid matte lipsticks they dry out lips, instead use glossy instead.
    that's the tip of the day i never would of thought of that.

I heard Vaseline is a no go for chapped lips. Is that true I often have to deal with this in my line of work

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Vaseline is just a base so it doesn't protect you from sun and it has been found that Vaseline fades your lips and lips might get discoloured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashma View Post
    Vaseline is just a base so it doesn't protect you from sun and it has been found that Vaseline fades your lips and lips might get discoloured.
    Is it true? I know many women use vaseline as a lip balm not realizing its harmful effects.

Default chapped lips

My customers are blown away when I tell them there lips are dry from chapstick!
    I use a shea butter gloss with beeswax.
    The Lipsense also provides a mechanical shield from sun and wind.

Vaseline is one of the WORST things you can put on your lips! Its made up of petroleum jelly. This is made of MOTOR OIL!!! Do you want MOTOR OIL on your lips???? This does not allow your skin to breathe. So its very very bad for your skin period.

Hey you can also try this lip care kit, its designed to help Revitalize, hydrate, and pamper your lips. The Artistry Lip Care Kit offers the gentle exfoliating Lip Polish that lightly buffs away dry skin cells from lips, while Lip Conditioner instantly softens, soothes, and smoothes. It worked with me I hope it will be useful for you!!

For people that do not want to spend a lot of money on their lips, plain shea butter at night can moisterize the lips. Cocoa butter can work too but it by itself is a bit hard in its texture so it might be hard to try to rub on the lips. Shea is a good consistency and can be rubbed directly on the lips.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael View Post
    Carmex makes one of the best lip balms it comes in a small tub and says it is for chapped lips and cold sores. It is heavier than most lip balms in a tube. It works a lot better too! Burts Bees has a decent one as well. Try these and like the poster above said avoid licking your lips too.
    HUH??? ? Is this not exactly what I said in an earlier post?????

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild47 View Post
    Vaseline is one of the WORST things you can put on your lips! Its made up of petroleum jelly. This is made of MOTOR OIL!!! Do you want MOTOR OIL on your lips???? This does not allow your skin to breathe. So its very very bad for your skin period.
    huh..?? is it the real petroleum we use in motor oil ?

**Bry** Male

I use the Badger lip balms & find they are really good, the best one to use is Honey & Ginger, which I find protects against all the elements even sun.. It is a nice feel & also long lasting..

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast