Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The ageing process these days is so much more researched than it ever was before and now many of the processes that were once thought to be impossible to prevent are now proving to be avoidable after all.

This is so even if some signs of wear and tear are apparent.

For instance providing all day long protection from ultraviolet rays with the new cosmetic products now available may not only guard against future damage to your skin but it may well undo some of the damage already done.

If you are reading this my one piece of advice to you is that as always prevention is much much better than cure.

Start now before it is too late and get yourself hooked on a regular skin care regime, not just for today, tomorrow or a week but now and forever, you won't regret it.

Refrain from long periods of lying in the sun.
    Don't smoke.
    Eat a sensible diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds etc and don't eat too many take-aways and ready made meals.
    Cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise your skin on a regular basis.

However, if you do take the trouble to adopt a good skin care regime it also means that you need to adopt a realistic approach. Great looking skin is not necessarily skin without lines or wrinkles.

Ok yes, the face that you have lived with now for so long might well be showing signs of some wear and tear but so what, does it really matter too much? If it is well looked after,If the eyes are still bright and the complexion is clear, it will have the look of a beautiful 40, 50 or whatever year old and isn't that really all that matters?

I have written more on this see my article at http://ezinearticles.com/?Stay-Looki...yes&id=1043769

So the moral of the story is act now to prevent premature aging skin, adopt a good skin care regime. If you have a line or wrinkle or two already showing through don't threat too much just ensure you take good care of your skin from now on and what's more enjoy life!

Of course an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! I wish I had known what I do now about sun exposure when I was young. I am trying to really stress this to my girl scouts and tell them how important it is to take care of their skin now so they do not have to have issues when they are older!

**** Female

Red face collagen

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild47 View Post
    Unfortuantely Melanie is correct. Collagen is a protein and its molecules are too large to be transdermal or able to be transferred through the outer layer of the skin to the dermis or inner layer where they would need to go to replace lost collagen. This is where the advertisers say " the cremes help you look younger". There are not many products that are transdermal.
    Two natural products that I know of that are transdermal are natural shea butter and emu oil. I am sure there are others but I do not know of them at the present time.
    YES, you are absolutely right!

if you like drinking tea, there are some herbal tea with collagen in it! they taste awesome! if you are not a big fan of tea then you shuold try the collagen powder. simply put it into your drinks or soup. it does not change the taste or texture of your drink/food! the result have been amazing
    i have been drinking collagen drinks since i came back from trip to asia so its been over a few months.

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    YES, you are absolutely right!

if you like drinking tea, there are some herbal tea with collagen in it! they taste awesome! if you are not a big fan of tea then you shuold try the collagen powder. simply put it into your drinks or soup. it does not change the taste or texture of your drink/food! the result have been amazing
    i have been drinking collagen drinks since i came back from trip to asia so its been over a few months.
    Uhhh...sorry, but I think scientists also agree that drinking or eating collagen does nothing for the natural collagen that is located in your skin. The natural collagen is produced by the deep skin cells themselves, not absorbed from our diet.

Dietary collagen is digested and broken up by the normal process. Although it seems like a nice idea to eat collagen to restore your skin, it's not based on any provable scientific principle.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I researched this concept quite a bit a few years ago (also when I visited Asia, where it is really a big marketing "story").

As for Starchild's earlier post, I just wanted to add that I understand that matrixyl and other peptides (maybe not copper peptides) reach the deep layers and perform their various functions there (depending on the specific peptide).

although there is no scientific proof that collagen works to restore the natural collagen on your skin there is tonnes of scientific research that proves that collagen does have benefits in relieving joint pain, arthritis, and restoring ligaments. In fact, lots of athletes take collagen supplements to maintain their mobility, prevent injuries, and simply maintain themselves. So even though collagen does not have proven benefits for your skin, it is proven to have anti-aging benefits for your body.

anyways, i take collagen supplements and i like it and i see and feel its benefits so i guess it is all a matter of personal preference.

**** Male

The best wrinkle creams always work well to significantly reduce wrinkle depth and surface size. You have to look for clinically tested ingredients, however, such as Matrixyl 3000. If you do this, you should see a drastic change in the appearance of your wrinkles.

The reason that Anti aging cream do the job it because it gives the skin the texture that it need. If you will supply your face the minerals and other ingredients that it need it will lokk smooth and young. That is way lots of cosmetics company use Dead Sea salt and mud - its rich with minerals which your skin need.

I think the best way to prevent anti aging is to start taking care of your skin as early as possible. Some wrinkles are unpreventable due to genetics, but taking care of your skin, and body overall, will definitely help more than it will hurt

Not precisely -
    The old age usually start around age 30. until than you skin flourishing and still growing.
    From age 30 the aging process begin to be and than you have to taking care you body skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roi View Post
    Not precisely -
    The old age usually start around age 30. until than you skin flourishing and still growing.
    From age 30 the aging process begin to be and than you have to taking care you body skin.
    Nope begins much earlier than that. Why would you wait till your 30 before you start taking care of your skin?????

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast