Default Any ideas on thickening shampoos/conditioners?

When I was in my twenties my hair was a mass of really thick curls but over the years it's got finer and finer. I really miss it having good body to it but any thickening shampoos I've tried didn't do much and the conditioners just weighed it down.

Any suggestions? It's strange I know and I'm not sure why my hair changed. It used to be no clasp could hold it and now it barely makes a ponytail. I blame having my son and think something changed hormonally in my system but that's just a theory.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Yea everyone miss their twenties .. i was also beautiful and sexy on my twenties but as the time goes by everything change.Your physical body and mind.Though i'm on my late thirties i haven't had hair problems till now.. Anyway what shampoos have you tried ? do they really contains hair growing properties as promised ?

thickening shampoos are just shampoos that don't have a conditioning ingredient in them. try applying the conditioner only at the ends to create volume.

Have you tried to apply curd in your hairs?It works out good for me and the end result are smooth fine silky hairs.Though I don't like its smell and can't keep hairs without regular shampoo for long.
    If you can afford to mash up papaya then that can also be good for making hairs thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashma View Post
    Yea everyone miss their twenties .. i was also beautiful and sexy on my twenties but as the time goes by everything change.Your physical body and mind.Though i'm on my late thirties i haven't had hair problems till now.. Anyway what shampoos have you tried ? do they really contains hair growing properties as promised ?
    I tried a VO5 version of a thickening shampoo and conditioner and it was okay but not great. I don't know whether any actually claim to have hair growing properties but I believe they work by making the hair cuticle thicker. I think it's more illusion than anything else but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by adjern View Post
    thickening shampoos are just shampoos that don't have a conditioning ingredient in them. try applying the conditioner only at the ends to create volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by wendycave View Post
    Have you tried to apply curd in your hairs?It works out good for me and the end result are smooth fine silky hairs.Though I don't like its smell and can't keep hairs without regular shampoo for long.
    If you can afford to mash up papaya then that can also be good for making hairs thick.
    Thanks given to you both for the tips.

adjern, that doesn't do anything for me. I already use conditioner like that on the ends to make the curls hold better. Thank you for taking the time to answer though!

wendycave, the only type of curd I know is curd from milk. Is that what you're meaning? If so, I have no idea where I'd get that so I don't think that's very practical for me but I could get papaya easily. Please explain about exactly how you use both the curd and the papaya in more detail. Thanks!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful