Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You want less wrinkles? Give up smoking!

It's a known fact that smoking's very bad for your skin. I smoked for over twenty years before I gave up almost four years ago now. I'm not one of those reformed smokers that lectures everyone else on the evils of it but I can say that I'd noticed I was beginning to get lines around my mouth from the constant sucking on a cigarette. They definitely receded once I stopped - didn't go completely, but were dramatically reduced.

I agree that smoking causes more wrinkles on the skin.A recent study showed that smoking causes aging effects due to increased production of enzyme which breaks down collagen in the skin and causes skin to appear grayish and causes wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrikrol View Post
    I agree that smoking causes more wrinkles on the skin.A recent study showed that smoking causes aging effects due to increased production of enzyme which breaks down collagen in the skin and causes skin to appear grayish and causes wrinkles.
    Well heck, my skin's got that grayish tone just now and I stopped years ago! At least that's one less thing I can blame it on though. I'm going through a process of elimination to try get to the root cause of it.

**** Male

I recently quit cigarettes (but not nicotine, I am still on the gum). I have noticed a LOT less blackheads and think the extra oxygen that I was not previously getting has improved my complexion. If anybody needs some tips on how to quit smoking, please let me know.

It took me around 4 months to quit from a 15 cigarettes a day. I had 4 relapsess, that resulted in 51 cigarettes smoked in that time period, but I think that is much better than the 1800 cigarettes that I would have smoked if I wasn't trying to quit :-)

Hi,

Smoking wrecks havoc on your skin and causes premature aging. It's not just because of the cupping your lips. It has more to do with the ill-effects of nicotene on the skin.

Regards,

Marilynn

It's true. My dad used to smoke for a long, long time and he has really bad skin. He and my mom are the same age, but you can clearly tell what smoking has done to him. He looks 10-20 years older than she does and sometimes people even think that she's his younger sister. My mom doesn't use any makeup at all but her skin's still great.

**Brenda** Female

i wish i could get this thru both my daughters heads. they both smoke and i work in the medical field and i see what smoking can do to the skin, the hair, the walls in your home,and the medical consequenses like death.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

its very hard once you start smoking... i've been trying to quite for last 2-3 yrs.. atleast i have controlled now..

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    i wish i could get this thru both my daughters heads. they both smoke and i work in the medical field and i see what smoking can do to the skin, the hair, the walls in your home,and the medical consequenses like death.
    Hi Vencasand,

I guess if you tell your daughters about how bad their skin can be as a result of smoking, it would work well. Girls care a lot about the way they look and this might act as a deterring factor. You can search through the internet and find photographs of people whose skin show the results of smoking.

Good luck!

Marilynn

Smoking and coffee are bad for your skin.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast