**Brenda Humerick** Female

Default psoriasis on bottom of feet

Over the winter, I had to wear boots alot because of the snow. I know i am getting older and my feet will fall apart like the rest of me, but can you get plaque psoriasis on the bottom of your feet? I have a very bad case. It is all over my body. I went to a derm last year for laser treatments and they worked great until i ran out of money. I had to go 3 times a week for 6 weeks. my back was almost healed. the reason i think this is psoriasis on the bottom of my feet is because the skin is coming lose like on my back only in larger chunks. my heels are only involved. they itch also. this is unlike any problem i have had with my feet. i put vicks vapor rub and socks on at night. this helps keep them smooth but in 12 hours of being on my feet they are the same way again. sorry to bother you and Saiyan but I would like your opinion. thanks

**Kollin** Female

Why don't you try to cure psoriasis using pure chimp natural super cream? It may help.

the psoriasis continues. i am losing my skin not only on my heels but also on my instep and ball of my foot. i have a rheumatologist appointment monday but this is spreading. thanks.

the rheumatologist gave me methotrexate and folic acid. my psoriasis is everywhere but on my face. i need to see a podiatrist now because i have type 2 diabetes. my diabetes is under control but she doesn't want me to take a chance with my feet. just thought i would update you.

**brucy** Female

As for me I have applied pure chimp super cream to have no skin problems.
    You may try to see how it works. It's natural and works well.

update: the methotrexate is working most of the minor psoriasis is now dry skin. no flaking. my feet and lower back still continue to give me some problems but i have only been on the methotrexate for 6 weeks. already i am happy with the results. i have to keep my feet slathered is foot cream. i no longer have to wrap them. the pain is tolerable now. just thought i would let you know.

Hi Grandma ! We are extremely sorry for late reply, it is just that we are bit busy with new member of family, who is very demanding and needs constant attention. Yes grandma it very common to have psoriasis on the bottom of feet if the above layers is shedding in thick sheets which can also involve the insteps. The itching can also be due to superadded fungal infection as the wet foot inside the boot is easy to catch fungal infection. As the disease is also considered autoimmune disease so methotrexate which is immunomodulator will work great for psoriasis with rheumatism. Just that it also suppresses other blood cells and metabolized through liver and excreated through kidney so regular monitoring of total blood count ,liver and kidney function test and blood sugar level is necessary.
    We are very happy that methotrexate is working great on you just that do not forget to have regular ( monthly) check-ups of above items.Although your Foot is healed regular care is very important as you are diabetic. Regularly cleaning of foot and applying thick layer of moisturizer if possible rapping with plastic and wearing shocks before going to bed will work great to your foot.
    We are so happy to hear your updates and always expect to hear every details about you.

I go every 3months for bloodwork. i see a podiatrist who says that there is no fungal infection, just psoriasis. i have it also in my toenails. i pack my feet with thick cream. one is for diabetic skin care and another is homeopathic "Crack Cream" that was invented for people who work in water, cement, or who have really dry skin. it is to prevent the skin from cracking. the other is Gold Bond Diabetic Skin Cream. i didn't think of wrapping with plastic. i just put it on and wait until it has soaked into my skin. thanks for getting back to me.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful