Default Help me with impetigo

Hi today i went to doctor for my daughter check ups ,The doctor said she has impetigo and gave me some antibiotics and creams.I just want to know what is this impetigo thing.Is it contagious,Doctor said it is highly contagious.So what should i do to avoid getting myself or other family members.Your help is needed please.

yea i think its contagious.just make sure to keep her nails short and clean and wash hands frequently with antibacterial soap and water.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Impetigo is a streptococci infection,a bactrial infection usually in child face and nose filled with pus or just fluids and it rupture and heals without having scar..its contagious in nature so protecting yourself and child from touching the sore is advisable.Normally child may or may not have fever associated with it but might have lymph nodes swelling.

As its infectious so you,your family and a child should be protected.avoid sharing towels,clothes toys or anything that might come in contact.don't forget to wash your and child hands with antibacterial soap and trim nails short to avoid further infection.

yea antibiotics therapy is needed for this .For mild cases topical antibiotics will work and for severe oral antibiotics also needed.do as your doc prescribe and yea don't foget to wash your hands after applications.remembers to wash the area before applying antibiotics and pat them dry,don't scratch the sores if they are crusty soak them with warm water.Normally they will start improving within 2-3 days of treatment.

let us know the progress.

thank you sabina and Deepak for you help. Now she is fine did as you said and was worth it.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Fine happy to hear that... do let us know..if anyother problems.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful