Default acne after using apricot scrub

I am 27 year old young woman. Though my body is dry, my nose is very oily. I was using an apricot scrub but after using that I started getting pimples. Please suggest a remedy?

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

The apricot scrub is not suiting your skin. In stead, you can use a home made scrub; for this you need fuller's earth, chandan powder, coarsely ground rice in equal quantities. Take rose water and add it to the above said mixture. Make a paste of optimum consistency. Put it on your nose and scrub gently for 2-3 minutes. Then wash it off with water. The scrub will help in cleaning the pores properly and will also take care of excessive oil.

hi ashma thanks for your reply ... can you recommend any other scrubs better for my skin..

As I know there are two version of apricot scrub - for the face and for the body. If you are using the body version for face it may be too harsh. And do not overdo it. 2-3 times a week is sufficient. Your breakout is a clear sign of aggravation so stop using any form of exfoliation for the time being until those pimples subside.

What Apricot Scrub is this? Is this a home made scrub or something commercially produced? I love the St Ives line of Apricot Scrubs. They have something made specifically for acne prone skin, but a dermatologist told me before that I should stop using it. I still use it every now and then because I really like the way it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, clean, and invigorated, but I've switched to a different daily wash now.

I think scrubs can be quite harsh on your skin too because it exfoliates the dead skin cells so mabe you should use a facial wash instead and use the scrub less often.

**** Female

I am not sure why did you develop acne after apricot scrub. May be you are sensitive to its ingredients. I will suggest you to use oatmeal scrub or some medicated scrub for your nose. It will help you get rid of any black heads and will prevent formation of acne too.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful