Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow What are the Causes for skin Cancer???

What are the Causes factors for Skin Cancer???

1. Tobacco
    2. Genetics
    3. Environmental Factors
    4. Unsafe sex
    5. Sun Exposure

Hey guys add some more if you know more causes for Skin Cancer.

**** Male

Hi,
    Can you explain me, how an unsafe sex could cause skin cancer. Really hard to link with unsafe sex and skin cancer. Could you clearly explain how is this possible and what are the factors to be considered for safe sex to prevent skin cancer, it would help myself and others a lot.

Regards,
    nlp18

Smile Some causes of skin cancer

Ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, most commonly from sunlight, is overwhelmingly the most frequent cause of skin cancer.

Other important causes of skin cancer include the following:

Use of tanning booths

Immunosuppression—impairment of the immune system, which protects the body from foreign entities, such as germs or substances that cause an allergic reaction. This may occur as a consequence of some diseases or can be due to medications prescribed to combat autoimmune diseases or prevent organ transplant rejection.

Exposure to unusually high levels of x-rays

Contact with certain chemicals—arsenic (miners, sheep shearers, and farmers), hydrocarbons in tar, oils, and soot (may cause squamous cell carcinoma)

People who had at least one severe sunburn early in life have a greater risk of developing skin cancer.

Treatment for basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma is straightforward. Usually, surgical removal of the lesion is adequate.

Malignant melanoma, however, may require several treatment methods, including surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotheraphy.

how genetics causes skin cancer??i would like to ask this question from the users.....

Unsafe sex? I didn't know sex had anything to do with skin cancer. Sure, I'm might have heard that some form of sex can cause cancer, but not skin cancer. Can I ask where you heard this from? Genetics maybe. Good thing my family has no record of any kind of cancer. I'm a lucky guy in that department.

Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun is the main cause of skin cancer. Energy from the sun actually is a form of radiation. It consists of visible light and other rays that people can't see. Invisible infrared radiation, for instance, makes sunlight feel hot. UV also is invisible, and causes sunburn and sun tan.

UV rays damage DNA, the genetic material that makes up genes. Genes control the growth and overall health of skin cells. If the genetic damage is severe, a normal skin cell may begin to grow in the uncontrolled, disorderly way of cancer cells. UV also can cause sunburn, and other damage that makes the skin look prematurely old and wrinkled.

Two kinds of rays exist in ultraviolet radiation invisible rays in sunlight that cause suntan, sunburn, premature skin aging, and most cases of skin cancer. :

* Ultraviolet A (UVA)

* Ultraviolet B (UVB)

Scientists once thought that excessive exposure to UVB rays was the main cause of skin cancer. Now they think that UVA also is involved. That's why it is important to use a sunscreen product that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.

Some cases of skin cancer, however, may be hereditary and run in families. In those cases, skin cancer is caused by abnormal genes that children inherit from their parents. Genes make parents and children look somewhat alike. They also make them likely to get some of the same diseases.

Default melanomas

Melanomas-A type of Skin Cancer is mainly occur on HEAD,ARMS,FACES,etc. Because it is due to the maximum exposure to sun light! UV rays present in sun rays causes this effect!first it forms as black circles then it leads change of entire skin colour!

**Dennis** Male

For skin cancer, the biggest cause is sunlight, tobacco and radioactive place where you are working. One girl, 23 years old, got cancer and died 7 months later because she worked in company where, air has some poisons and she got skin cancer and died. Really sad story...

Heavy sunburn gotten at any time in life is a strong risk factor for a melanoma. Melanoma actually often appears on the trunk and legs that are rarely exposed to the sun but when they are they may easily be burned...

Skin cancer causes and risk factors

Quote Originally Posted by khassa View Post
    how genetics causes skin cancer??i would like to ask this question from the users.....
    It's not different than other cancers that can run in families.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast