Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild47 View Post
    One big thing to remember is not to dry the skin out too much especially if your skin tends to be dry or sensitive already. Some cleaners are very drying. Soaps tend to be drying in nature unless they are hand made soaps.
    Astringents and even some toners are drying to the skin too so if you use these things be sure and moisterize afterwards and drink lots of water to replace the hydration in your skin.
    Water only causes intrinsic hydration. It is important to moisturize the skin topically in order to combat skin dryness. Also, the moisturizer needs to cater to the skin type of the user!

Yes water gives you intrinsic hydration but if your skin is not hydrated from underneath it will not be healthy on the surface either! If you are not healthy inside you will not be healthy outside!

Exactly! What I meant to say was drinking lots of water cannot replace the use of moisturizers that need to be applied topically!

Cool sorry if I sounded harsh I did not mean to be! I just wanted people to realize we have to treat the body as a whole. Most people do not realize that what we take inside affects our outsides! I do agree with you that does not negate the fact that we still have to take care of the outside too! We have to take care of the whole package.

One thing I did want to add here, I know a lot of times, I prespire in the night and I feel all stinky when I get up so I think in that sense you would need to cleanse in the morning. I do think that sometimes yes we would tend to over cleanse or overkill and dry out our skin.

The brand that I use has both a hydrating system, for dry skin and a balancing system, which is for oily skin. I've been using the hydrating system and I see and feel great results. All the ingredients used in the products are natural so they are perfect for my sensitive skin.

I personally don't think that it is absolutely necessary to go see a dermatologist to find out what type of skin cleansing system that you need. I mean I can tell if my skin is oily or not. There are some things that good old common sense can tell you.

**Bry** Male

I have issues with my skin, dry & oily.. & have found that trial & error is the best thing. I use Kiehls a lot, but also use lush.

However, since being on weightwatchers & eating/drinking effectively, I have found a marked improvement in my skin.. it is less dry & looks fresher.

I think sometimes it is a mix of different techniques to find the one optimal for you..

Nice post!

I'm a soap user ever since but after reading your post I think should stop using soap as my facial cleanser.

What product you think will be best for oily skin? Any idea? Please share it.

thanks..

**** Female

Thumbs up SOAP lover

my skin used to be very complicated because it is very dry on my cheeks and lips but super oily around T zone...

i have been using a bar soap that contains 24K gold, platinum, Co-Q10, and honey. it balances the oilyness/dryness well and it is so much easier to do the rest of the skincare and make-up!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast