Default Avoiding Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer

Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer can be avoided if we do not overexpose our skin to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. The high-energy UV rays usually come from the sun. Sometimes tanning booths and sunlamps can also be a source for these UV rays. There it is important that if we go out in sun we have our sunscreen lotion.

New recommendations are that we apply sunscreen every 30 minutes while out in bright sunlight to exposed skin areas. This is true any time of the year winter or summer. The winter months can be just as bad because sun light reflects off snow and ice. A lot of people do not prepare for this.
    Many make up foundations now have SPF 15 sunscreen in them and I would highly recommend using this if you do not put a sunscreen on your skin before your foundation.

That is true, staying out of the sun is the best protection against this type of skin cancer.

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

yea sun protection is the best way to avoid getting cancer.

I use a SPF 15 sunscreen. I know that there are 30s and 45s on the market. I have heard though that they are overkill and read some research on this. What does everyone else think and what strength sunscreen do you use?

You should wear sun-protection in the extreme heat. Avoid going out in the extreme heat.

NONMELANOMA SKIN CANCER (BASAL CELL CARCINOMA AND SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA): Studies have suggested that reducing exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation decreases the incidence of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Ultraviolet radiation is a stream of invisible high-energy rays coming from the sun. Artificial sources such as tanning booths and sunlamps also produce ultraviolet radiation.

Sun exposure can be reduced by changing patterns of outdoor activities to reduce time of exposure to high-intensity UV radiation (the sun is strongest from 11 am to 3 pm), wearing protective clothing (such as long sleeves and hats) when exposed to sunlight, and by using adequate amounts of sufficiently protective sunscreen.

It is not known whether using sunscreen lowers the risk of either squamous cell carcinoma or basal cell carcinoma.

People whose skin tans poorly or burns easily after sun exposure are particularly susceptible to nonmelanoma skin cancer. These people in particular may benefit by following prevention methods for nonmelanoma skin cancer.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Quote Originally Posted by fghi544 View Post
    My main is a lv 73 resto shammy. Needless to say its boreing so i rolled a dk. hes now lv 69 and almost 70. Im planning on dungeon tank/questing to lv up but there is only 1 prob I HAVENT TANKED BEFORE I know how to use my abillities to pull aggro but i dont got the attack rotation down so i was wondering if any of u had any good practice tanking dungeons for me to do.
    ha..???

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful