**Michael** Male

Default Worried about freckles

Is it normal to get new freckles after adulthood? I've had some freckles pop up on my neck and they are worrying me.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Freckles are harmless and there is noting to worry about when they are stable. But first make sure they are harmless freckles. Since when have u have this? Can u feel them? Are they rough? Raised? or just smooth and flat? does the colour fade during winter and darken during summer? do you have this on face? any other symptoms like itching? or any other you would like to add?

**Michael** Male

These three at the bottom of my neck (sorry for the misaligned pictures) are really new, like within the past 6 months. I'm 25, and curious if that is something that is normal. If it is, I guess it just threw me off because I'd never had freckles there. The more obvious one in the front seems large to me, but it's about 3mm and apparently that's a normal size?

I think they are pretty flat and smooth. I can't really locate them without looking in a mirror. There's no itching or roughness or symptoms at all. I just didn't expect to have a freckle like that appear. I have like one freckle on my face, and it's rather small and been there a while.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

They look like harmless moles to me. So there is nothing to worry about. But remember, if there is any changes in color, itching or changes in size you must consult dermatologist. In most cases they can be left alone or ignored. If there is cosmetic concern it can be excised with out any scar.

**Michael** Male

Thank you for your replies. May I ask why these should be called moles instead of freckles?

Also, what should I look for specifically to be safe? If they're new, should they grow or change at all for some time?

**Michael** Male

So I've taken one more picture of them very close up, and I guess they are raised? This is a very close picture, is such a mole considered normal?

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

**rechal** Female

As per the research done by American Association Dermatologist they are a sign of skin damage. It can be caused due to genetic problem or sunlight. Freckles naturally can be faded with the help of tea tree oil. Massage a few drops of tea tree oil on the neck. This will lighten the freckles in a week or two.

The skin of the freckles patient can be dark or light brown.This is the picture of freckles patient.
    red-haired-freckles-child-kids-SON-45246.jpg

Banned
    **William Smith** Male

Its not a major concern at all. Take suggestion from a reputed doctor.

**Suruchi Puri** Female

A mole or freckle that looks different from the others or that has any characteristics of the ABCDEs of melanoma should be checked by a dermatologist. It could be cancerous. The ABCDEs are important characteristics to consider when examining your moles or other skin growths, so learn them in the slides to come.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful