Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The All-Natural Lemon Face Mask

Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to face. Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Then apply your regular skin moisturizer and do not forget the sunscreen.

I would not use this recipe if you have dry skin, though, as the lemon should act like an astringent. Sounds like a great one to try for oily skin, though. I printed this one out to give my daughter. Poor kid still gets a lot of pimples on her face due to her oily skin, even though she's almost 21.

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by TammyG View Post
    I would not use this recipe if you have dry skin, though, as the lemon should act like an astringent. Sounds like a great one to try for oily skin, though. I printed this one out to give my daughter. Poor kid still gets a lot of pimples on her face due to her oily skin, even though she's almost 21.
    Hey Tammy, although lemon does act as an astringent, but adding honey to it, mildens its acidic nature. So, this recipe can be used for dry skin too. I myself use a recipe similar to this one.

What kind of clay do you use? Where do you get it? The only clay I know is the paly dough kind but I think that wouldn't be very good for the skin. This honey lemon mask does sound nice though..

This sounds great I will have to check this one out! Thanks alot for sharing this

Quote Originally Posted by mimico View Post
    What kind of clay do you use? Where do you get it? The only clay I know is the paly dough kind but I think that wouldn't be very good for the skin. This honey lemon mask does sound nice though..
    The clay used here is "MULTANI MATTI" and it means "FULLERS EARTH".. It works well for the oily skin and in summers it can be used 3 to 4 times in a week. One of the simplest to get rid of oil from your skin is to mix multani matti with rose water and make a paste out of it and apply it. Wash off with lukewarm water after 20 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodu87 View Post
    Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to face. Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Then apply your regular skin moisturizer and do not forget the sunscreen.
    does it leave it dry feeling. What about for wrinkles, is it supposed to help that?

I know someone who swears by lemon for age spots, but I don't have any to try it on YET, thank goodness

**Carol Belanger** Female

Default Lemon face maks

Lemon has been know to lighten age spots and it also is good for oily skin. However I have heard that you need to say out of the sun when applied lemon on the face.

As far as clays go, there are differnt types:

White china clay can be used on and dry skins.

French green clay for oily complexions

Yellow Kaolin Clay is mild clay making it suitable for sensitive skin. This clay is suitable for dry, sensitive or normal skin types.

That is what is so nice about homemade recipes, a little research and you can customize your skin care product to your specific skin type.

I use French green clay when I make my masks. I want to add here that any of the mixture that is not used needs to be kept in the refrigerator or discarded as it can grow bacteria if it is kept at room temperature.

**Cher** Female

OMG...
    this looks like a really good recipe for me. Where do you buy the Yellow
    Kaolin Clay from? Do they sell that at Beauty supply stores or cosmetic
    counters in department stores. I would do it 3 times a week if it would
    lighten my freckles

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast