Default Skin spots since I've been a baby. What is it? Please help!

My mom tells me that the first spot appeared when I was 3 months old. Since then it has spread. It is only on the right side of my body, down my arm, armpit and leg. It is flat and slightly darker than my skin. It doesn't itch but it slowly keeps spreading. Can anyone please tell me what this is? Picture below..
    spot.jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum crystal, sorry to hear about ur condition... How old r u now? Can u get a clear picture that include your total legs or total arms that has been affected, have u been on any medications or seen doctors? Does it bleeds, or painful? Are the lesion scaly, depressed or just smooth and flat?

hi Cystal! welcome to the forum. How often are you exposed to sunlight?it seems you have deleted the picture as well.Hope to post a clear pic.

Dr. Deepak,
    Thank you for responding. I am 24 now. I've never been on any medication, and have had a few people look at it. One verdict was psoriasis and another was shingles. It doesn't bleed or hurt. It just slowly keeps growing and makes me extremely self conscious. I would say they are a little scaly and flat. As a side note, my mom got a rubella shot after I was born, would it be a possibility that I got some through her milk and this is a side effect?

Here are some more pictures. Spots on leg.jpgvscocam_1382028912.581038.46.jpgspots.jpgSpots 2.jpgIMG_1229.jpg

Dr. Saiyan,

Thank you also, for responding. I enjoy being outside and get a good bit of sun. For the last 8 years, I've had a job that had me in the sun 3 days a week during the spring/summer. But I don't think my condition is sun related since it made its first appearance when I was so young. It does seem like the spots higher up on my leg that don't get much sun are darker and redder in color than the spots near my ankles.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Your condition looks like Unilateral systematized linear porokeratosis, which is a very rare variant of porokeratosis. It doesn't look like psoriasis or any other disease to me. But direct examination is always necessary in dermatology, and general physician may not be able to diagnose it or sometime misdiagnose it. If its spreading, its time to visit the dermatologist. He/she will confirm the case and manage accordingly.

Remember excess sun exposure can aggravate the condition so avoid sun. Cutaneous malignancy (cancer) has also been reported with porokeratosis. So visit the dermatologist and get checked in depth including your kidney and other blood works.

Being said that, online diagnosis can sometime go wrong. So careful direct individual examination is necessary to confirm the case. So, please visit the dermatologist and confirm the case. Do update on your condition.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you have any problems, we'll try our best to suggest you.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

It is spreading so you might consider to go to the dermalogist because that may require treatment.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful