**Brenda Humerick** Female

Default I went to a dermatologist and she started laser treatments.

i went three times a week for about 9 weeks. it worked. well almost. it would have worked if i could have finished my treatments. i have insurance but my copay is $30 US at every appointment. I had to stop. I couldn't afford to keep going. it worked though. when i stopped i had all my back healed except in one tiny spot that didn't bother me. i still get some breakouts but i think if i would have continued the laser treatments i would have been healed totally.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

its a good news to hear that your lesion are clearing up grandma..Lets hope it won't come back again..

sorry to say, it is already coming back but i have my rosehips and hybiscus cream to put on it. the vitamin d ointment costs me a $100.00 copay on my insurance so i use it sparingly. it definitly is better than it was. the new lesions are small so i hope i can control them.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

oh.. sorry to hear that grandma..do control while the lesions are small, winter is coming make sure to boost your immune. For $100 how much Vitamin D oint. you get? i mean in grams...

my tube was 100gms. the real cost is like over $800.00 so i guess i get off easy. the first tube i got only lasted 3 weeks. that was before i had any treatments and my derm was so concerned she had me use it twice a day and i had to cover it. my back was bleeding so i guess that is why the cover. the area was from right above my waist to my buttocks. large area on me cause i am overweight. but so far so good. the itching is coming back but no large scaly areas.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yea Vitamin D oint is quite expensive but is often effective in treating psoriasis..here we get around $20-$30 for 30 gms depending on the brands...for large area its quite expensive, so light therapy is still good for large areas.

Laser treatments for psoriasis use one of two types of lasers: a pulsed dye laser (PDL) or an excimer laser.

Pulsed dye lasers create a concentrated beam of yellow light. When the light hits the skin, it converts to heat. The heat destroys the extra blood vessels in the skin that contribute to psoriasis, without harming nearby skin.

Excimer lasers aim a high intensity ultraviolet B (UVB) light dose of a very specific wavelength -- 308 nanometers -- directly at the psoriasis plaques. Because the laser light never touches the surrounding skin, it reduces the risk of UV radiation exposure. Excimer lasers are used to treat mild-to-moderate psoriasis.

With excimer laser therapy, patients usually have two treatments lasting 15-30 minutes each week for three or more weeks, with at least a 48-hour break between treatments. With pulsed dye laser therapy, sessions go for 15-30 minutes every three weeks.

Your doctor will determine your dose of laser light based on the thickness of your psoriasis plaques and your skin color (a lower dose is used on lighter skin). During the procedure, you will be given dark goggles to protect your eyes.

Sorry to hear that grandma. Hope you take good care of health and maintain your immune state. Do not forget to protect your skin using good moisturizers several times a day. Besides vitamin D ointment have you ever tried tacrolimus ointment? I don't know how expensive is it there ? Besides folic acid supplement is is also good for psoriasis.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful