Default mole between toes

A few days ago I noticed a chocolate brown spot (maybe the size of a grain of rice or smaller) between my 4th and 5th toe. I seem to remember seeing it before, maybe a couple years ago but just thinking it was an odd spot to have a freckle. It wasn't until recently when I read and article about spots between toes that I even remembered it was there. I have an appt with my doctor in 2 weeks and am hoping to get a biopsy of it. The wait to see a dermatologist in my province is up to 6 months so I'm really wishing my family doctor can get it checked out for me and I don't have to wait the 6 months to see someone.

I made the mistake of googling what I have and you can imagine the amount of horrible things I read. Sites proclaiming that 50% of people with one between their toes is dead within 5 years and how it's the most deadly spot to get it...etc...all of that info threw me into a 3 day long panic attack.

What I'm wondering is....are there people that get a mole there and it turns out to be something else? Is it always the doom and gloom prognosis that the internet implies? Even if a mole is melanoma is it always fast spreading or have people been known to have one for years and it's stayed only on the surface?

Thanks

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

When diagnosed early even the life threatening malignant melanoma can be treated and cured. Skin cancer of the foot are considered more dangerous because they usually are not diagnosed early. It is very important to understand that every mole on foot are not melanoma, and even if the mole change its color, size it can be harmless. Many factors play role like excess sun exposure, family history, age, race and so so.. if possible can u post a clear picture so we can have a look.

Yes it can happen, melanoma can arise in pre-existing moles, some atypical moles that looks harmless for years can turn into melanoma, so no one can confidently say the moles are harmless, they can turn into melanoma anytime. Being said that, ur race, sun exposure, family history, excess moles and several other factors play an important role. I know everyone worries in such situation, so a better option would be just cut it and no worries then after.

I tried to take a pic with my cell phone but the camera isn't very good so I cant get a clear one. This mole does look different from my others because it's dark. Not black but a dark brown. It's flat and seems to be round/oval shape.
    Cancer does run in my family although none of them had skin cancer. I've never been a sun person but when I was 21 I got 2nd degree burns on my legs (from the feet to my knees) I'd been sitting outside reading and didn't realize until I went inside that I could feel my legs burning. I ended up with blisters and had to have my legs wrapped with gauze for a few days.

I'm a white, 40 year old female and have alot of freckles/moles.

I wish I'd known before that skin cancer can look alot different than the pics I normally saw that showed big, ugly, discolored marks. When I saw this one before...melanoma never crossed my mind because it looked nothing like that.

Also, although I only quickly glanced at it a couple years ago (since I didn't think it was anything serious) it doesn't seem to have changed. Looks the same to me in terms of size and color as it did then.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

If it hasn't changed its size n color and no any symptoms then you should be fine. But if u have tendency to have excess freckles and moles u should get it checked or for better, removed. It's very rare for a mole that u have been watching for years with no any changes to turn into melanoma. Don't panic, it could just be a harmless mole. Do visit the doctor and get it removed with a biopsy.

**Mary Coss** Male

The moles are easily removed with the help of small surgery and If these moles are dangerous or some other type then please get it removed.

**rechal** Female

You can remove this mole by home technique safely. You can apply a frankincense an essential oil which is the best remedy for removing a mole. Use 1tsp of frankincense oil to 8tsp of olive oil and apply for atleast 20 mins. You can also use oregano oil. Essential oil uses will help you get away your mole issue.

**Mary Coss** Male

The moles are easily removed with the help of small surgery and If these moles are dangerous or some other type then please get it removed.

yes, it is better to remove bcoz these are dangerous for us.

**Suruchi Puri** Female

You appear to have plantar warts. This is a typical viral contamination. This can be seen subsequent to utilizing regular wet regions like swimming pools or restrooms. If you don't mind meet a dermatologist so they can prompt you on a cream to utilize that will help. Be that as it may in the event that they continues then you may require a little treatment, for example, burning to expel it.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful